Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Our Telecaster Love Affairs.

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Andy79 said:
    I love Telecasters and I love Danelectros. Therefore Danelecasters. 

Now that's a beauty! Tell me more!
    Beauty. Ha! Not sure that’s the word I’d use. 
    Although I’m pretty pleased with the dolphin nose headstock. To keep with the cheapo themes I gorilla-glued the lipstick in the pickgaurd. Classy. 

Copper metal paint brushed on, topped with a nats cock of lacquer. 
    Sub £100 Dano-caster. Sounds decent. Telecaster neck pickups is where everything is at
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14198
    edited November 2021
    Fuck it, I love Telecasters, especially ones that are a little different. I just bought this one on a whim, just now. Should be here Tuesday:

Took delivery but returned it as the bridge pickup completely lacked low end when compared to my CS 60 Custom Tele. The guitar feels great and plays lovely but simply pales in the shadow of my CS 60 Tele tone wise, including the P90 which doesn't sound as good as the Seth Lover PAF in the 60.

The pickup in the Thinline is a hand wired Loaded Nocaster and I have a hand wound Texas Special in my CS 60, I've read some complaints about lack of low end in the loaded nocaster pickups elsewhere so I don't think it's all down to the reverse angle although that may be some of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13896
    @RandallFlagg "Took delivery but returned it..."

Can't wait for it to pop up as a B-stock bargain on Peach's site... 
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 560
    Andy79 said:
    I love Telecasters and I love Danelectros. Therefore Danelecasters. 

That is just beautiful! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10171
    Fuck it, I love Telecasters, especially ones that are a little different. I just bought this one on a whim, just now. Should be here Tuesday:

Took delivery but returned it as the bridge pickup completely lacked low end when compared to my CS 60 Custom Tele. The guitar feels great and plays lovely but simply pales in the shadow of my CS 60 Tele tone wise, including the P90 which doesn't sound as good as the Seth Lover PAF in the 60.

The pickup in the Thinline is a hand wired Loaded Nocaster and I have a hand wound Texas Special in my CS 60, I've read some complaints about lack of low end in the loaded nocaster pickups elsewhere so I don't think it's all down to the reverse angle although that may be some of it.
    Interesting. I’ve just ripped Texas specials out of a guitar and I’ve been thinking of putting them for sale here- they’re the cs handwound ones. Personally, I didn’t think they were “tele” enough. Loaded nocaster on the other hand are some of my favourite pickups fender have ever done. All have different ears I guess.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1532
    edited November 2021
    @Andy79 would love to hear a sound clip ! It looks bloody great, cheap and all!
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2830
    chris78 said:

Interesting. I’ve just ripped Texas specials out of a guitar and I’ve been thinking of putting them for sale here- they’re the cs handwound ones. Personally, I didn’t think they were “tele” enough. Loaded nocaster on the other hand are some of my favourite pickups fender have ever done. All have different ears I guess.
    I really like the Loaded Nocaster pickups too, definitely work for me.  I’ve had great Texas Specials and also one’s that I was very indifferent about, which is interesting in itself.  Maybe the hand winding does have a bearing on it in the end, and as you say, personal taste
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2096
    edited November 2021
    The Ugly Duckling one day to become a beautiful swan

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9105
    Aaargh. Must have been through a bakers dozen of them. Never really did it for me, any of them…

…until a guitar Safari this morning brought one of my exes back home. 1972 Custom. Has had a bunch of work to keep it playing, but it may be the one to convert me…

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    Aaargh. Must have been through a bakers dozen of them. Never really did it for me, any of them…

…until a guitar Safari this morning brought one of my exes back home. 1972 Custom. Has had a bunch of work to keep it playing, but it may be the one to convert me…

Well that’s very arousing  
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    @Andy79 would love to hear a sound clip ! It looks bloody great, cheap and all!
    That lipstick I found completely underwhelming in a short time so it’s already been rejected