SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 5e3 Fawn Deluxe with Robinette mods £595

What's Hot
MajorDudeMajorDude Frets: 76
edited October 2021 in Amps £
Robinette modded 5e3 Deluxe - ideal pedal platform - complete with Hotcover padded cover

Beauty little amp that stays clean right up the dial. Resonant, compact and lightweight pine cab.
Loud enough to gig with, I've done outdoor festivals with it and it easily keeps up with any drummer - in fact, it sounds louder than my 50w head/cab amp.
Cab was recovered in my fave Fawn tolex and Fender silver sparkle grille by Tom at Hoffnine Amps.

Robinette 5e3 mods https://robrobinette.com/5e3_Modifications.htm
1) Master Volume - achieve bark at lower volume, more pedal friendly.
2) Framus Middle tone control - Add a mid tone control that goes from tweed flat to blackface mid scoop
3) 3-way neg feedback switch - Normal / No Cathode Bypass Cap / Negative Feedback - Adding NFB increases clean headroom

All mods are non-invasive to the chassis (using unused sockets) and are easily reversible, you wouldn't want to though.

A great grab'n'go gig amp which (among others) has seen off a 1963 Princeton, a Carr Rambler and a Carr Skylark during my ownership. I reluctantly let this go to another FB member at the start of Lockdown as I was so skint, but I regretted it and I bought it back as soon as I found work.

SOLD £595 - loaded with Celestion Greenback

collection from Durham preferred.

I can also deliver anywhere in the North East or am happy to box it well and ship at the buyers expense.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments