SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All sold: Fender CS Tele Relic (TV Jones), CS Tele '61 Relic, TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
Battered roadworn old relic wishes to sell 2 CS Teles and a TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme.

To qualify that, I don't exactly 'wish to', but I've spent quite a lot of money recently in helping my kids buy houses and cars. Oh yes, and my dog's cost a fortune lately, but at least he appreciates me. Mind you, I suspect that it's because I give him biscuits.

Anyway, I've been shedding guitars this past week or so, and here are three that I thought I'd present before the critical, yet lascivious eyes of the  forum.

I won't ramble on too much about each one, although feel free to ask any questions which I won't be able to answer. I've got lots of pics though.

First one - it's a 2014 CS Tele with a pair of TV Jones Classics. It's believed to be 1 of 6 made for the 2014 NAMM show. Here's a link to the ad from The Guitar Showroom from whence it came.  https://theguitarshowroom.co.uk/product/fender-custom-shop-tv-jones-telecaster-relic-1-of-6/

I bought it from James Collins there, who is a lovely chap, and very knowledgeable and helpful. The description's there as are pics, and so are the spec sheets. This means that I can concentrate on putting a few pics in here and not have to worry about giving you duff information and I can ramble on about my dog and my kids and public lavatories. It sounds fabulous, and rings like a ringing thing, but to be honest, the neck is a touch too chunky for me. Anyway, it's got to go, so there we are. Looking for £2499 for this.

Sold - Second - it's another CS Tele. It's a '61 spec relic from 2017 - I know very little about Fenders, so I'll let the spec sheet do the work. Suffice it to say that this has one of the nicest necks on any guitar that I've ever had. It sounds tremendous - you know what, though? I'm more of an archtop sort of chap. I never keep solid bodied guitars for long, and I need to replenish the funds for the next time my daughter decides to treat her car to the type of treatment that Jack the Ripper liked to dish out of an evening now and then. Or when Kenny decides to steal ALL of the gingerbread men from the Christmas tree. The cost of the gingerbread men? Not much, but the cost of taking him to the vets made up for that. I should mention that Kenny's my dog, not my son, although we have similar breath.

£2295 and you can prise it from my bony, grasping fingers. The guitar, that is.

Sold - Third - crazy name, crazy guitar. It's a TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme. It's in fabulous condition, and I think that the Ice Blue metallic colour is absolutely beautiful. I might be biased, but I haven't seen a colour that suits this guitar better. There, I've said it.  Maple top and neck on a single cutaway chambered semi-hollow Alder body. It has an ebony fretboard and is fitted with a TV Jones TV Classic Plus Bridge and Classic Neck pickup. Original branded hardshell case, too. Terada built, so expect the same build quality as the Gretsch Proline models. The TVJ website is very short on detail, so here's a really good review - https://guitar.com/review/tv-jones-spectra-sonic-supreme/ ; - again, this gives me the opportunity to show you half a dozen pics, having let someone else do the hard work of actually reviewing it.  £1495 for this one please.

I'll use the next three posts to insert some pics - now, being a miserable old git, I'm not really one for posting guitars. In fact, I hate it. I do quite like driving though, so I don't mind meeting up or delivering it if you can't, or don't want to, travel. Scores of, erm, satisfied Fretboard, erm, members will testify to my willingness to hand over the goods at meeting areas up and down the country. Sometimes I even bring a guitar. You'll even get a free copy of my new book 'Out of the closet - a guide to public lavatories in the UK'.

I don't want PayPal - I hate PayPal - but shove money in my bank, or in my delicate little trotters and I'll be happy. Despite the above, I'm relatively cheerful and friendly - smarmy, even - and am happy to drive hundreds of miles to meet a fellow nutter. I mean 'forumite'. I have more pics, and more details, I'm sure - although I'm buggered if I can remember any - so send a PM if you're interested, etc. I don't particularly fancy trades as I'm trying to get a few quid in the coffers, but an ES-330 might be OK (I have two, but don't worry about that), hollow Gibsons preferably with P-90's, I dunno. Perhaps a nice Gretsch 6120 with a tone control. I shouldn't be looking at trades, but I'm weak. Really weak. And, as Mrs DB1 has helpfully pointed out, 'disturbed'.

Here goes with the pics....

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    2014 CS Tele with a pair of TV Jones Classics....

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    2017 CS Tele 1961 relic....

Call me Dave.
    TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme...

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    Love the two Tele's. Gorgeous guitars!
  • Great guitars as always @DB1
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2926
    edited October 2021
    Oh, that 61 tele if a stunner and the perfect spec for me - thank god you're in Crewe (I mean Stafford) and miles from me. 
    Oh, that 61 tele if a stunner and the perfect spec for me - thank god you're in Crewe (I mean Stafford) and miles from me. 
    Ha! As if I haven't delivered guitars to Peterborough before.  ;)  I'm taking one to Cambridge in the next few days. Distance no object. Hitting the right notes on a guitar - bit more problematic. 
    Call me Dave.
    In answer to a question...

The TV Jones Tele is around 7lbs 1oz, the 61 is around 7lbs 3oz, the Spectra Sonic is about 8lbs 1 oz, and I'm going to the gym on Monday because I'm about three quarters of a ton
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    He likes blue things now 
    Ha, yes - I hadn't thought of that. I do as it happens. It's my favourite colour. 
    Call me Dave.
    Great guitars as always @DB1
    Thank you sir. You're a gentleman.
    Call me Dave.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    I had a play on the TV Jones this weekend and it’s a bloody stunner!

AlexO said:
    I had a play on the TV Jones this weekend and it’s a bloody stunner!

I've got be honest - it looked cooler on you than it did on me. Appreciate that that's not much of a compliment, tbf.  :)
    Call me Dave.
  • What I wouldn’t do for that Spectra Sonic! 
  • Great sales pitch- made me laugh anyway! Lovely telecasters too!
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 399
    Love those Teles. I only have an Ed O’Brien Strat to trade!! Gorgeous and fun guitar l, but I miss my old Tele! Jon
    Thanks folks. The TV Jones Tele sounds superb - the neck's just a little chunky for me.

1961 Relic Tele now on hold.
    Call me Dave.
    TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme now sold.

Just the CS Tele with the TVJ pickups left and - eek - the neck's not really too chunky after a few minutes of playing it. I think that somebody had better buy this fairly quickly please.  :o
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    DB1 said:
    TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme now sold.

Just the CS Tele with the TVJ pickups left and - eek - the neck's not really too chunky after a few minutes of playing it. I think that somebody had better buy this fairly quickly please.  :o
    The singer-songwriter I work with has the sunburst version of the TV Jones tele…that’s one guitar I really wouldn’t be letting go. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2464
    Top stuff. If I didn’t have almost identical items I’d be all over those teles