Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Latest flu vaccine: anyone had any side effects?

What's Hot

Comments

• No side effects for me from the flu jab. Thankfully, because 2 days later I was doing a 40km hill walk in some of the most awful weather conditions I've experienced. Definitely didn't want the flu sweats up there.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6953
    Had mine yesterday.  Only side effects so far are a slightly sore shoulder and immunity to influenza virus.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Had mine this afternoon. My arm feels sore and a bit heavy but otherwise I’m fine. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11305
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Anecdotal evidence emerging that the Pfizer jab can lead to arthritis - in the one case I know of, in the hands.
    Eric Clapton?
    You wish!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Anecdotal evidence emerging that the Pfizer jab can lead to arthritis - in the one case I know of, in the hands.
    Eric Clapton?
    You wish!
    Just thinking of that excellent (cough) new song he had out recently:

"I can't move my hands
    I break out in sweat
    I wanna cry
    Can't take it anymore"
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    boogieman said:
    Had mine this afternoon. My arm feels sore and a bit heavy but otherwise I’m fine. 
    Spoke too soon. Had massive sweats about 2am and feel like crap this morning. 
  • Had mine very early today.. then felt completely drained after lunch.. slept an hour, feeling much better now. 

Last year I no effect whatsoever.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Just booked a covid booster for Saturday, and flu jab for 30th. Hoping the bugs will bounce off this winter.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    30 min before practice today the singer announces that he thinks that he’s coming down with either a chest infection or flu.  He says that he’ll heroically struggle on as we have a gig a week on Saturday and I’m not available next week.

When we get there it turns out that he had his flu jab on Tuesday and now he has ‘flu-like symptoms’.  No medal for gallantry or mention in dispatches this time.  Bloody wimp.
  • Musicwolf said:
    30 min before practice today the singer announces that he thinks that he’s coming down with either a chest infection or flu.  He says that he’ll heroically struggle on as we have a gig a week on Saturday and I’m not available next week.

When we get there it turns out that he had his flu jab on Tuesday and now he has ‘flu-like symptoms’.  No medal for gallantry or mention in dispatches this time.  Bloody wimp.
    So I presume if he has those symptoms he's been isolating at home until he receives/received the results of the PCR COVID test he'd arranged, right?
    edited October 2021
    Just booked a covid booster for Saturday, and flu jab for 30th. Hoping the bugs will bounce off this winter.
    I see the NHS page for booking Covid boosters has been updated today, in line with Javid's announcement at the press conference yesterday.  That's pretty quick, to be fair.

Today's six months and a week since my second jab.  I'll see if I can book a booster appointment later.  I tried a couple of days ago and it (correctly) said I wasn't eligible.

Edit:  And it still says I'm not eligible....

edited October 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    I see the NHS page for booking Covid boosters has been updated today, in line with Javid's announcement at the press conference yesterday.  That's pretty quick, to be fair.

Today's six months and a week since my second jab.  I'll see if I can book a booster appointment later.  I tried a couple of days ago and it (correctly) said I wasn't eligible.

Same for me, so I toddled off down to the surgery and booked it at reception. As long as you're over 50, there should be no problem.

EDIT - I've just received the NHS text to book the booster!

Musicwolf said:

Wait...........you have a singer that heroically struggles on? What is this aberration of nature?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had mine a couple of weeks ago at the same time as my COVID booster jab, so can't say which it was that did it, but about 12 hours later I felt tired, then started shivering and feeling cold, then got in to bed, stopped shivering and started sweating.
    Slept badly, woke up with a banging headache, took two paracetamol and was fine by lunchtime, which in my book makes it still a better option than flu or COVID.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I'm having my flu jab this afternoon. I'll report back if any side effects (or not).
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    My wife had her flu jab Monday evening, felt rough on Tuesday but fine on Wednesday 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    I got my booster invite text on 30th September. Turns out I can't have it until end of November and the text was an error. Strange
    Flu booked in in a couple of weeks. I didn;t get it last year as I didn't see the point given we were locked down for nearly the whole flu seasons. However, this year I think there will be loads of flu about and having had it about 15 years ago I really don't want that again. I was ill for two weeks, in bed for one of those, and lost about a stone. And I was in my 30s and fit.
    edited October 2021
    Philly_Q said:

Same for me, so I toddled off down to the surgery and booked it at reception. As long as you're over 50, there should be no problem.

EDIT - I've just received the NHS text to book the booster!
    My GP surgery is... not very receptive to being contacted by patients.  They'd probably tell me to fuck off if I had the cheek to ask for something rather than waiting for them to contact me. 

(And they'd rather treat me for conditions I might have - based on age, sex etc - than pay attention to things I actually say are wrong.  But that's a whole other topic.)

To be fair, for the previous two jabs they have just contacted me, but there's been so much encouragement this week - from the government, no less! - to go and book a booster that I thought I would just try to do that.

UPDATE:  Just got a text from the NHS asking me to book my booster....  the website still says I'm not eligible, I should call 119... I call 119, they say they can only see the same booking details I can see, so I should keep trying online.

Ah.... Johnson's Britain, eh?
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Had the jab yesterday afternoon and no side effects whatsoever. Got up early this morning and did a 10k run with no problems, so all good.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    We had ours at midday yesterday.

Both ok for the rest of the day, but then Mrs Rocks had a bad nights sleep, found her in the spare room this morning. So, I wasn’t feeling anything much at all until midday today and now I have a mild headache and feel tired. She feels a bit nauseous. Hope that’s it, but we should know tomorrow.
    I had the flu in 2016, spent nine days in which I didn’t even get dressed, 6 days straight with a 40 degree temperature and lost 10 lbs in weight. Never again.

Rob