SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Fender 65 RI Princeton Reverb - price drop to £695

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
edited December 2021 in Amps £
Right, after the fiasco of me posting an ad for an amp with the photos of another one last night, let's have another go. In my defence, my nurse had put choloroform in my cocoa.

I took this as a part trade from the lovely @AlexO last weekend, and it's a nice little amp, of course. Here's   a link to Alex's ad.

I only play at home these days, so I thought it would be perfect for that and, in fairness, it is. Thing is, I've got a '59 reissue Bassman which is about as heavy as a family saloon, but my goodness, when it's plugged in - even at home volumes - it sounds so rich and deep that it's really my favourite.

Anyway, I was going to keep this little Princeton, but inexplicably ended up buying a Tone King Imperial II in the week. I'm not quite sure why, and my therapist has resigned in protest. So, I've got three, which is a bit silly.

It's in lovely condition as you can see -  you might notice that Alex has changed the knobs to a very fetching cream set, but the originals are with the amp. Personally, I really like the look of it as it is, and young Alex (well, he's a lot younger than I am) is a man of some style and I wear cardigans, so I'm not arguing with his choices. His cat attacked me when I visited him, but I'm over that now, as you can tell.

So, £750 for this - it also has a cover, which is a nice touch. It's got the footswitch with it, and everything works as it should. No repairs that I know of, and none while it's been in my possession, which is.... a week.

Pick up from Stafford - where the men are men, and so are most of the women - if you dare, or we can meet up or I can drop it off. Whatever. I'm easy. Too easy, if you ask me.

Please don't ask me any technical questions - maybe ask about the cover, but that's it. It's a black cover.

Call me Dave.
1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    A little bump for this baby.

It's been a most unsatisfactory couple of days for it - I placed it on eBay and Gumtree and between the lowballers of eBay and the scammers of Gumtree, it's been a depressing experience for a man of my delicate constitution. So, if someone from the forum would like to buy this amp, that would be much better all round.  :)
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Love Princetons and loved this amp! 
    I'll get another someday...

If anyone is looking for the perfect small amp you won't find a better one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 401
    Nice fireplace.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Two nutters from Gumtree and thirty watchers on eBay. Coupled with the people that are definitely following me everywhere I go, it's no wonder I'm feeling paranoid.

Please let it go to a forum member. Even if they're a nutter as well.
    Call me Dave.
  • ah I was in Stafford last weekend, may have taken this if I'd seen the ad!
    Funnily enough, I'm not far from Bristol tomorrow!
    Call me Dave.
    edited October 2021
    It’s still here, although 34 eBayers are spying on it and a Gumtree nutter wants to know if his sister can send a courier for as he’s away commanding a U-Boat or something like that.

I’m quite happy to deliver it within bounds of sanity. Meeting up is fine as well, of course - the seedier the better, of course, as usual. The last two have involved a garden centre in Swindon and car park in Rochdale. I’m a man of wide tastes.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5732
    I’ve always wanted one of these but people always want money in return. Life is soooo unfair.  :'(
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    I’ve always wanted one of these but people always want money in return. Life is soooo unfair. 

Yes, people can be so vulgar about these things. :o
    Call me Dave.
    Celebratory 50 eBay watchers bump. :s
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Good lord, are you still here?
    Call me Dave.
    Go on then, seeing as it's you - price drop to £695.

Call me Dave.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
    PM'd
    Was on hold, now back up for sale again. Logistical issues (mine) and another issue (not mine) got in the way of this going to a couple of forum members.

No problem of course, and this is now available again. :)

Call me Dave.
  • Seems a bit of a bargain that
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 244
    I saw this a while back but noticed it was on hold. Been wanting to try a Princeton reverb since getting into Jim Campilongo.

I based near Stockport DB1, not sure if we could sort some logistics out, but if so I'd be interested in taking it?
    That doesn't sound like a problem. By all means drop me a message. It came to me from the Stockport area, and involved a furtive meeting at Knutsford services, so I'm sure we can sort something out if you're interested.
    Call me Dave.
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 244
    Will do.
    And back on hold. :)
    Call me Dave.
  • Maybe this already sold, but I'm still interested if logistics work out. Based in Bristol but will be back in Stafford for Christmas (likely coming up 23rd/24th) so let me know if it's still not sold by then and I'll likely take it!