Reading the Admin / Mod Interventions Thread

What's Hot
jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 804
edited October 2021 in Help & Feedback
Can I just say - is great fun to read :-)

I actually subscribed to it today...
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    It is.

Comedy genuis at times, and the Mods have a cool way of making their points.

Excellent =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 804
    Yes - their language / turns of phrase / tongue in cheek humour is priceless…!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    It’s the only way I can find out what’s happened during the week’s arguments  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Definitely entertaining :) 
  • Glad you approve :)

I must admit, it's become a little less entertaining of late, because we're starting to run out of humorous ways to describe the eye-rolling. I'm sure we'll all get our mojo back at some point...
    <space for hire>
  • Subscribed - thanks for the tip! I always enjoy reading it, but I can never find it for some reason. 

It reminds me of the police log in the Arcata Eye (which was the alternative newspaper of a small northern Californian town), that I used to subscribe to around the year 2000 despite having no connection to the place at all (I think I read about it in NTK, which will mean nuthin' to no one). For example:

Saturday, November 24 5:17 p.m. The one-wayness of the streets in the couplet at Foster, Eastern and Western avenues is not universally observed. One pedestrian reported that he always confronts cheaty-sneaky drivers on Foster Avenue who blaspheme traffic calming religion by not going The One True Way.

http://www.arcataeye.com/2012/12/there-was-something-odd-about-that-bear-eared-spitting-puppynapping-druggie-december-22-2012/

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8592
    Subscribed - thanks for the tip! I always enjoy reading it, but I can never find it for some reason. 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/7269/admin-mod-interventions#latest
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    edited October 2021
    I periodically visit that Discussion to check whether I have been banned. 

I borrowed the idea from journalist/editor  Bill Deedes. He would have breakfast and the morning editions of the broadsheet newspapers delivered to his bed. If could not find his obituary in any of them, he would get up. 
    Be seeing you.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Subscribed - thanks for the tip! I always enjoy reading it, but I can never find it for some reason. 

It reminds me of the police log in the Arcata Eye (which was the alternative newspaper of a small northern Californian town), that I used to subscribe to around the year 2000 despite having no connection to the place at all (I think I read about it in NTK, which will mean nuthin' to no one). For example:
    My first proper job after uni was working for the Ministry of Agriculture in a satellite office down here in Yokelshire whilst main office was up in Gloucester. Back in them days, everyone had a log in for Windows 95. As part of my job, I had to update vet diaries in order to plan their visits and other staff members. Being an office bod for the most part, I didn't have to plan visits so I used to fill my diary with inane ramblings, recipes, occasional bits of amusing poetry, and jottings on my weekend job in a restaurant kitchen.

About four months into me working there, some of the Gloucester crew came down and said they'd tried out one of the recipes I wrote in my diary and loved it and could I give some recommendations for the upcoming Christmas festivities? I didn't know what they were on about and then the public nature of my jottings dawned on me. Turns out the the main Gloucester branch were thoroughly addicted to my diary and seeing what gibberish I'd put in it next, and that the then Secretary of State connected to MAFF had also visited and read it and found it alternately hilarious and baffling. When I left MAFF a year later, the final week posts were suitably epic and it was genuinely touching getting internal paper mail sent down from the main branch saying how I'd brought some much needed levity to proceedings. 

6reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It starts off as "Drew got banned again" the thread.

Then it morphed into something else entirely!

Bye!

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Subscribed - thanks for the tip! I always enjoy reading it, but I can never find it for some reason. 

My first proper job after uni was working for the Ministry of Agriculture in a satellite office down here in Yokelshire whilst main office was up in Gloucester. Back in them days, everyone had a log in for Windows 95. As part of my job, I had to update vet diaries in order to plan their visits and other staff members. Being an office bod for the most part, I didn't have to plan visits so I used to fill my diary with inane ramblings, recipes, occasional bits of amusing poetry, and jottings on my weekend job in a restaurant kitchen.

About four months into me working there, some of the Gloucester crew came down and said they'd tried out one of the recipes I wrote in my diary and loved it and could I give some recommendations for the upcoming Christmas festivities? I didn't know what they were on about and then the public nature of my jottings dawned on me. Turns out the the main Gloucester branch were thoroughly addicted to my diary and seeing what gibberish I'd put in it next, and that the then Secretary of State connected to MAFF had also visited and read it and found it alternately hilarious and baffling. When I left MAFF a year later, the final week posts were suitably epic and it was genuinely touching getting internal paper mail sent down from the main branch saying how I'd brought some much needed levity to proceedings. 
    This is amazing
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11414
    Glad you approve :)

I must admit, it's become a little less entertaining of late, because we're starting to run out of humorous ways to describe the eye-rolling. I'm sure we'll all get our mojo back at some point...

Let SirAxeman back in.  He made the place more entertaining.
    SirAxeman seems to have fallen off the edge of his planet
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15477
    Roland said:
    here's the thing, he also didn't believe in space, so where did he fall off to?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

I want to give that both a wow and a lol, and let's be honest, a wisdom too, but I'm only allowed to choose one.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    VimFuego said:
    Roland said:
    It's turtles all the way down, apparently...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

ICBM said:n
    VimFuego said:
    Roland said:
    Unless one of the elephants treads on you
  • Roland said:
    ICBM said:n
    VimFuego said:
    Roland said:
    Unless one of the elephants treads on you
    How did he get past the massive serpent that holds the water in?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    could we  split it into 2?

One for Drew, and a smaller thread for everyone else?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Glad you approve :)

Be honest ... we used to cooler or ban people based on whether we could come up with a funny comment, based on their usernames, to post in the thread.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom