SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded: 1979/80 Fender Stratocaster, moulded case, hang tags. Owned from brand new. £2200

What's Hot
Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
1979/80 Fender Stratocaster

I bought this brand new in Bath in late 1980 (from Assembly Music in Bear Flat - sadly, long gone).

It is in excellent condition and has the original ashtray, tremolo arm and springs.  Also comes with all the papers, leaflets etc you can see in the images. No dings, dents, chips and only minor wear.  Frets are original and very good.  

It is all original aside from having a new nut fitted 5 years back and some of the grub screws are replacements.  The Stratocaster brochure is after-acquired (someone gave it to me in the early 80s but I suspect it is mid 70s) but all the other hang tags/papers are original.

It has consistently stayed brilliantly in tune for me.

The original 3-catch Fender moulded case is also in excellent condition.  

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow Gary , that is the spitting image of my 78 . Gorgeous looking thing that !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 445
    Bump 
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 171
    Nice to see a complete set. I used to sell these new and we did them for £299 in 1979. Everything has gone up in price x10 in the last 40 years, so I think it's a really good deal! GLWTS
    Thank you.  Pretty sure I paid £499 brand new, but I was young and didn’t haggle! 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6341
    That is beautiful and a very fine copy of my Kimbara Strat  ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Bump
    I bought a new guitar and a new pet on the same expensive day (a Penguin and a puppy).  Bump and price drop for urgent funds