SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Custom Shop Super Heavy Relic Strat Shell Pink £2650

What's Hot
jacksonunitedjacksonunited Frets: 283
edited October 2021 in Guitars £
I have decided to do a new advert for this one - for sale exclusively on the Fretboard. Gumtree and Facebook attracted all the usual suspect guitar buying vultures! 

Fender Custom Shop 1960 Stratocaster Super Heavy Relic in shell pink. It has a 2-pc Ash Body, 60's Style Oval "C" Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard w/9.5" Radius, Vintage Style Synchronised Tremolo Bridge, Vintage Style Tuners ,Incl. Hard Case, COA and all case candy - see attached spec sheet for full info. Weight is 7.25Ibs

Its nicely full sounding with the Ancho Poblano pickups, not necessarily one for the vintage purists 

I’m the original owner, I bought it new from Guitar Village for £4238 (receipt included). The story is they ordered this at NAMM 2019 and it arrived 20 months later.

Trades are unlikely I'm afraid unless its something with humbuckers that you can bring to me. I don't fancy long distance trades
Shipping isn't a problem 

£2800 £2650 no offers i'm afraid, this is the lowest i'm prepared to go. This is what Andertons offered as a PX

Located in Southampton

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7466
    edited October 2021
    I’m about to take a couple of my Bare Knuckle Sinnersout of one of my Strats so it’s HSS (with the H being the BK hot single coil ). Do you want me to stick one in the post so you can try one ? 

No obligation at all - it’s such a beautiful guitar that i’d be trying anything to keep that !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jacksonunitedjacksonunited Frets: 283
    edited October 2021
    That’s very kind! Thank you…

I think my hamfisted my soldering skills would make this even more of a relic, so I’ll see if it sells before i go down that route. Having it routed out for a full size EVH Frankenstein was one passing idea I had, but that’s a pretty big cliff to jump off  :skull: 

Thanks again though,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No worries and yes I get the anxiety around that - I’m like a drunken chimpanzee with any tool so usually pay an expert unless it’s a particularly battered guitar.
  • Despite saying I wouldn’t drop the price - price drop to £2650 which is what Andertons quoted as a PX price 
  • Still here... save it from 'The Pig' 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PM'd
  • AlloAllo Frets: 137
    Pigs r us
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PM'd
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can do the £2650 if it is still available?
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    I sent a PM a couple of days ago re the guitar but not heard back yet, he may be away.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    He was logged in yesterday 
  • Textbook
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I can do the £2650 if it is still available?
    Question is, do you have the overinflated £3499 to purchase it from Reverb? ;)
  • Amazed its not up for more. Rule of thumb is he always adds a grand to whatever he buys. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9950
    Well, as it's sold to squealing pigs, I'm not breaking any rules by saying it looks God awful and anyone who buys it is a complete muppet. That relic is shocking, the shell pink is too pink and it shouldn't have an ash body.
    I hope the pigs have it for a very long time indeed
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    it looks God awful and anyone who buys it is a complete muppet.
    Is that what you think of the OP (who bought it for £4238)? It's not my cup of tea – nor are those fancy wood guitars you like – but we all have different tastes. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9950
    chris78 said:
    it looks God awful and anyone who buys it is a complete muppet.
    Is that what you think of the OP (who bought it for £4238)? It's not my cup of tea – nor are those fancy wood guitars you like – but we all have different tastes. 
    It was meant tongue in cheek, but that doesn't always come across on a forum. I was having a dig at Squealing Pigs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This guy is a tool

When it was up for sale previously we agreed a sale and made plans for me to pick it up from Southampton. I took a day off work and the day before messaged to confirm the location and he ghosted me. Didn’t respond to any messages. Strange bloke
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    I knew I'd seen this somewhere before, now £3649 on ebay

For that money you could buy yourself something nice.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom