Pearl Jam Vs

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
28 yr old today 
Fuck i feel old, can remember buying it the day it was released. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Blimey. Will give this a spin when home. What a record after the success of Ten.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw them live for the second time shortly after Vs was released. 

Great album, and still a brilliant live band. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Wow! Such a great album

No way , from their third is my fave pj song but this is my fave album
  • The first three are total classics. I think Ten, or possibly Vitalogy, is my favourite album, and it's one of those I will usually go to first, but whenever I listen to Vs I remember just how good it is, and the warm, fuzzy feeling when it first came out. Ten was really my introduction to music (prior to that I listened to what was on the radio, or whatever - mum and dad's music - and would read for entertainment), but Vs was the first album I had anticipation for. GnR, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine - these were all things I discovered, but Vs was the first one that I waited for. And fuck me, did it deliver.

Although I always called it Vee-Ess which annoyed the shit out of my mate.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22786
    I haven't listened to it for many years, although whenever I think of Pearl Jam the first thought is that I didn't like any of the subsequent albums anywhere near as much as I liked Ten.  I gave up after five or six.  Maybe I should give Vs another go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    I had a summer job working at a college as a groundskeeper about twenty years ago. Fond memories of sitting by the pool on my breaks listening to this album a LOT. He nearly blows his voice out on ‘Blood’.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    Dopesick said:
    I had a summer job working at a college as a groundskeeper about twenty years ago. Fond memories of sitting by the pool on my breaks listening to this album a LOT. He nearly blows his voice out on ‘Blood’.
    I love that track so much. Angry Eddie!

Speaking of blowing his voice out, I saw the rescheduled O2 gig a few years back. One of the many highlights of that was them blasting into Go after quite a few slower, more chilled tracks. It just came out of nowhere and it was brilliant.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    I was also at that gig @randella ;

;

Can’t wait to eventually see them in Hyde Park next year 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I loved Ten. I was disappointed with Vs, I think two brilliant tracks then the rest I didn't like.

Vitatology utter pants. I was done with Pearl Jam after buying that album. 
  • Great album. I kind of missed Ten but when Vs came out I was all over it. 

I also like No Code a lot, it has a looser, Neil Young/Crazy Horse vibe. 
  • Great album. I kind of missed Ten but when Vs came out I was all over it. 

I also like No Code a lot, it has a looser, Neil Young/Crazy Horse vibe. 
    I was surprised at how much I really liked No Code and Yield when I listened to them again recently. I liked them at the time, but nowhere near as much as the first three.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6996
    Excellent album and a worthy follow up to the magnificent Ten.  The following Vitalogy had enough good songs to make a decent EP and a lot of filler.  Unfortunately I couldn’t warm to any of their albums that came after the first three.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Seeing a few folks saying that after the earlier albums they weren’t so keen 

I personally love the avocado album and the newest album gigaton I think is superb 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited October 2021
    @mikeyrob73 - ace gig, wasn't it? A real fan show. For those who fell out of love with PJ's later records, I would say it's well worth seeing them live. They really are the business on stage. 

Can't wait for Hyde Park, it's going to be brilliant. I've had the tickets for long enough