Loef Guitars "Lana"

What's Hot
is going to move in with me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cig35Cig35 Frets: 62
    Where did the picture go? it was in the preview...
    Unfortunately he's waiting for a delivery of cases and after that I will be traveling so I won't get to know her better until November 10. Can't tell you how excited I am.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5429
    I had never heard of this maker. After looking the website over (and - yes - drooling a little here and there) these look the goods. What are the woods? European Spruce and and mahogany? And the fretboard - maybe it's a trick of the light but it looks different to the usual timbers.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Well done, my dear. Hope it's all you imagine :) 

Tannin said:
    I had never heard of this maker. After looking the website over (and - yes - drooling a little here and there) these look the goods. What are the woods? European Spruce and and mahogany? And the fretboard - maybe it's a trick of the light but it looks different to the usual timbers.

The woods used are Swiss Spruce for the top, Sapele for sides and back, Mahogany neck and Macassar ebony for the fretboard. Visually the wood on the fretboard is not as "striped" as you would normally expect from Macassar ebony, but personally I like the look of it.
    Some of Olav Loef's builds are stunningly beautiful with the choice of woods and finishing, but this one is more of a basic, straight-forward guitar
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    One of my favourite YouTube guitatrists , Martin Tallstrom plays Loef guitars and they sound exquisite in his hands , hope it lives up to your expectations !
    @sticker Then you are indirectly responsible for this purchase. =) I found Martin Tallström from a post you made in "Unsung YouTube Guitarists" and that led me to the Loef guitars website and clicking on the "in stock" link.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    @Cig35   Wow , that’s made my day ! I guess you should never underestimate the influence you can have on others…  
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    sticker said:
    One of my favourite YouTube guitatrists , Martin Tallstrom plays Loef guitars and they sound exquisite in his hands , hope it lives up to your expectations !
    I suspect an old shovel would sound good played by Martin Tallstrom, he's awesome. 

Guitar looks stunning too, enjoy!
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for the comments! I got the guitar yesterday evening and played for two hours and first impressions are:
    -Wonderful tone
    - So easy to play
    - Working from home today but have a constant desire to open the case and start playing

edited November 2021
    Trying to get some pictures in...
    edited November 2021
    Finally managed it
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Martin Tallstrom,  he of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"  on guitar ?   fan bloody tastic 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    He looks a nice little fella! Congrats on your purchase :) 
    bertie said:
    Martin Tallstrom,  he of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"  on guitar ?   fan bloody tastic 

Yes, that's the Tallstrom that's been discussed, and he plays Loef guitars but quite a few others too. For example Furch guitars used a piece of music by him playing a Furch for the music in a promo video for their 40th anniversary (very expensive) model 
    Mellish said:
    He looks a nice little fella! Congrats on your purchase :) 

Thanks! But with the name Lana it's just got to be a she. =)
    Good point  =)