SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Cornell Traveller 5 Hand Wired Amp

IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
edited November 2021 in Amps £
I’ve had this a couple of years now and it’s seldom used. But something has cropped up guitar wise that I can only fund by selling something. I don’t want to sell my new Feline DC so this one is up first.

The photo album.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/182610640@N08/d8LnBM

A video review 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4agBXo377U

£699 new - how does £380 sound for it.

Blurb:

The Traveller is a 5-Watt tube amp based around a single ECC83 preamp and EL84 power amp valve. The amp has four output settings: 0.05, 0.25, 1.5 and 5 Watts. It’s fitted with a single 8″ Celestion speaker mounted into a solid cabinet finished in black Tolex with a basket weave speaker grill.

Overview 

• - Traveller Five 5 watt combo Specification.
  • - 5 watts RMS with Cornell 4 way attenuation.
  • - Hi and Low Inputs.
  • - 8 inch Celestion speaker.
  • - 12AX7 pre-amp valve and EL84 output valve.
  • - Clean and Mean switch.
  • - Gain Tone and volume.
  • - Extension cabinet output.

Specifications 

• - The Cornell Traveller 5 is powered by 1 x ECC83 and 1 x EL84. The amp also has 4 power settings A - 5 watts B - 1.5 watts C - 0.25 watt D - 0.05 watt
  • - Traveler 5 refers to the maximum output of this fine amplifier in Watts. Ranging from clean to amazing high gain all controlled from the volume knob on your guitar.
  • - 5 watts RMS with Cornell 4 way attenuation. Hi and Low Inputs. 8 inch Celestion speaker. 12AX7 pre-amp valve and EL84 output valve. Clean and Mean switch. Gain Tone and volume. Extension cabinet output.

Don’t be fooled by the 5W rating this isn’t ‘that’ quiet even on the 0.05W setting, but it’s more manageable.

I’ll deliver this locally free, and possibly further afield for a small fuel contribution.. 

Thanks
Steve 
Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Something for the weekend bump.

Got the pics sorted yesterday.
    edited November 2021
    Is this overpriced?

Would £380 be more tempting?

Cheers 
  • Looks tempting, what kind of tone flavour and overdrive flavour are we talking here? Fender / Marshall / other?
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    edited November 2021
    I’m really not any sort of champion of tone or an amp expert. When I gigged it was the clean channel of a £90 Fender 85 with a OD pedal. 

I mostly play unplugged at home and when I play in a rehearsal room I plug into any old amp!

The traveller is somewhat wasted on me you might say…

The clean/mean influences the sound in a UK/USA fashion according to this review:

https://guitar.com/review/amplifier/cornell-amps-traveller-5/

I’ve had pleasing sounds out of it but as mentioned above with life,kids, neighbours I don’t plug in that often.
    I’m heading south of Brum at the weekend. Bicester and then on to Berkhamstead. Potentially delivery/meet up opportunity therefore opens up.