Finished Rosewood Telecaster assembly

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
edited November 2021 in Making & Modding
Yesterday saw the arrival of a Rosewood Telecaster body and neck from @GSPBASSES.
I unpacked it and checked neck to body fit, never had a problem with Grahams products, but its a good habit to check before slarring finish on, only to find something doesn’t fit….all good, so it all got a single coat of Tru Oil, rubbed well in and rubbed off, left for half an hour and buffed with a clean cloth. Job done, silky smooth, as only Rosewood can be…

Today sees the installation of gold hardware stolen from something else. Kluson deluxe tuners, Wilkinson bridge, Satin black scratchplate from earlpilanz on ebay, both pickups are Tele size P90’s from The Creamery, there is a decent switch, CTS knobs and Jazz Bass knobs….

Tomorrow it will be strung, the string tree and strap buttons fitted, soldering and a basic setup, then let it sit for a couple of days, then set up properly….

I just love an all Rosewood guitar, this body is chambered so not too heavy…

Anyroadup, photos…

Before any finish applied

Assembled with Tru Oil applied 

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    Yes! Nice that 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7014
    tFB Trader
    That looks lovely Paul
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    That is so cool. Very jealous right now.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    Very nice...    Is it heavy? (which I would assume it would be).
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    Rabs said:
    Not as heavy as I thought it would be, it is chambered though
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    paulnb57 said:
    Rabs said:
    Not as heavy as I thought it would be, it is chambered though
    Ahh right yes..  Makes total sense to do that..  Again.. Very nice, just natural wood, often how I finish my guitars, just some oil and let the wood do the talking.
     More progress
    After walking the dogs I continued the assembly, but immediately noticed an issue I hadn't noticed yesterday, the bridge plate is off…DOH!

After a bit of head scratching I found if I rotated the plate around the bass side fixing screw it lined up correctly.
    So the remaining three screw holes were plugged and redrilled, sorted!
    This is something that can happen in any partscaster build and Ive built so many now that it was easy for me to sort. Was it the body or the plate that was off? Who knows or cares its sorted, with little drama.

edited November 2021
    It is now finished except for strap buttons, which I dont have…..
    It really is a lovely thing the pickups are great (my biggest dislike of Teles is the standard pickups, they just dont do it for me)

Photos….

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3820
    That is absolutely banging, Paul. Really impressed with how quickly you've got it up and running too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    edited October 2021
    paulnb57 said:
     More progress
    After walking the dogs I continued the assembly, but immediately noticed an issue I hadn't noticed yesterday, the bridge plate is off…DOH!

This is something that can happen in any partscaster build and Ive built so many now that it was easy for me to sort. Was it the body or the plate that was off? Who knows or cares its sorted, with little drama.
    something that is often seen on fenders with vintage style bridges too.   Remember it was designed to have a cover on it that helps hides the gap

Edit - I was just looking for examples and found out its referred to as the "tele butt-crack"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    WezV said:
    paulnb57 said:
     More progress

something that is often seen on fenders with vintage style bridges too.   Remember it was designed to have a cover on it that helps hides the gap

Edit - I was just looking for examples and found out its referred to as the "tele butt-crack"
    Happy to report that I too have a butt-crack!  (on my Tele, well and on me of course).

Lovely looking rosewood Tele, and Strat.  Congrats.

Lebarque said:
    That is absolutely banging, Paul. Really impressed with how quickly you've got it up and running too. 
    Thanks! Easy, quick drying finish and the relative simplicity, means it was a quick build.

Lovely looking rosewood Tele, and Strat.  Congrats.

Thanks!

• SargeSarge Frets: 2393
    Yowzer! they're beautiful man!
    top work!