I can be a scammer

What's Hot
I find myself in a situation where I can easily scam a company. I won't, of course.

My car failed its MOT and needs to be scrapped. I find a website that say they'll get the best price. I left them my details and they called back and offered an ok price. We booked the collection for Monday. The guy said they would pay by bank transfer afterwards. I said I wanted an email to confirm the details just in case he tried to scam me. He was very cool about that.

However, the local scrap people that they arranged it with got confused and sent me a text to confirm collection for Tuesday. I replied that I wouldn't be at home so needed to rearrange for Saturday coming. All good, no problem.

I've just received the money into my bank account. So, the reverse has happened to what I was worried about.

I might not even have a car to scrap! The address might not even be mine! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• "As I've repeatedly explained, that money was just resting in my account..."
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16090
    ^ No you're not .......my real name is Captain Faroe
  • Extra bonus today, unrelated.
    A company I ordered some bits from for a garden project got in touch to say they had forgotten to refund me for some bits I returned. It was about £7 I think so I'd forgotten about it. They have refunded me the total order amount of £135! I told them it was only £7 and they said "yeah, we know, but this was our mistake so it's a good will gesture". At this rate I'm going to be a wealthy man
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    PM me with this week’s lottery numbers, will you?

TIA.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PM me with this week’s lottery numbers, will you?

TIA.
    53....67.....-2.....e².....4ax......11¾