Help me to CHOOSE to get my vaccine

What's Hot

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 4306
    poopot said:
    mgaw said:
    What a fucking shit thread.

I hang my head in shame that I was even a dozy enough cunt to start it.

The only person who brought any facts to the table was @Dontgiveupyourdayjob and I'd read all of his articles previously anyway!
    What were you expecting or hoping for ?

Fuck knows @Wazmeister , more self seeking by Drew...endless it feels...get the fucking jab you self obsessed Young man

Bit of a wanky comment!
    Yep it was apologies Drew and the rest @poopot. ; Thanks for pulling me up

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 4258
    Haven't you got a dumble to go and play?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fair comment @DefaultM b. I am what I am my man. Sitting here disecting basslines tonight. But yep couple of sad threads a delusional one for sure...i am getting better and moving forwards to the light
  • Jeez… 
    Its all love 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 9925
    steven70 said:
    peanuts said:
    Ive got Covid right now, and have been double jabbed.

Get the vaccine.

Im a healthy guy and have been ill for 6 weeks now. Horrific.

Covid is aweful. Never felt so ill, and this is life change.

walk us through how this is a good testimony for "Get the Vaccine" . . .
    What an insensitive little know-all you are.

Duly noted for future reference.
    It was an insensitive post.
    Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery - this goes without saying.

I am going to take a risk here, because I think it was a valid point (if somewhat crudely made.)

If I take a treatment or preventative medicine in order to stop from me getting ill and then I get very ill, I would say it is reasonable to question whether that treatment worked.
    explanations of this were published nearly a year ago

the covid vaccines massively reduce the risk of serious illness, and in those do get more ill, massively reduces the chances of hospitalisation and death

It does not eliminate risk, some people's immune systems are not as responsive to the vaccines (or the actual virus)

You might be alarmed to discover that, in a similar way, not all operations and medical treatments are successful.

What we do is go on the statistics. If an operation saves 90% of people, we say that's pretty good, offer the treatment, and carry on looking for better treatments, we don't just refuse it saying "it's not 100% successful"
    peanuts said:

hywelg said:
    peanuts said:
    Ive got Covid right now, and have been double jabbed.

Get the vaccine.

Im a healthy guy and have been ill for 6 weeks now. Horrific.

Covid is aweful. Never felt so ill, and this is life change.

walk us through how this is a good testimony for "Get the Vaccine" . . .
    Because he'd probably be on a ventilator now with a very poor chance of survival. 

Get well soon Warren
    once upon a time, in the not too distant past, a vaccine that successfully met the criteria of 'safe & effective' meant that its safety had been very thoroughly & systematically ascertained in a clinical setting (not the entire target population) over a minimum 5 -6 year period & had been conclusively proven to effectively provide immunity from both infection & transmission - let alone severe illness & potential death - from the disease being immunised against . . . for years at a minimum 

now we have something that barely resembles any of these critical criteria, hardly qualifies for the terms 'vaccine', 'safe' or 'effective' & instead is very possibly contributing to driving rapid virus mutation, antibody-dependent enhancement & god forbid potentially leading to precisely the opposite result they are allegedly being used for
    what scientific qualifications do you hold?
    Just asking
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 954
    steven70 said:
    [..]

If I take a treatment or preventative medicine in order to stop from me getting ill and then I get very ill, I would say it is reasonable to question whether that treatment worked.
    explanations of this were published nearly a year ago

the covid vaccines massively reduce the risk of serious illness, and in those do get more ill, massively reduces the chances of hospitalisation and death

It does not eliminate risk, some people's immune systems are not as responsive to the vaccines (or the actual virus)

You might be alarmed to discover that, in a similar way, not all operations and medical treatments are successful.

What we do is go on the statistics. If an operation saves 90% of people, we say that's pretty good, offer the treatment, and carry on looking for better treatments, we don't just refuse it saying "it's not 100% successful"

I did not say that.

If I take action 'X' to prevent outcome 'Y' and outcome 'Y' still occurs, it is legitimate to question whether action 'X' was successful. Anything beyond that requires doublethink. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

What to do?
    aside from the anxiety, which is not a trivial issue, and needs sorting in the long term, 
    what are the reasons to get vaccinated?

statistics I've seen say that someone your age is 27 times more likely to die when infected if not vaccinated
    I say "when" because it is "when", you will be infected, almost all of all will - especially those in work with kids

I stick to my old principle: do whatever it takes to increase the probability of being there for your kid, hence various interventions I've endured, many of which were more unpleasant or risky than a vaccine.

I had a liver biopsy once, apparently a 1.6% fatality rate in some hospitals - probably that high for people iller than I was, but quite an eye opener

So basically - do you just wait and see and hope you don't get infected?
    Personally I think the chances of not getting infected are low in the long run. Nearly 8% of high school kids have it at the minute

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 30948

What to do?
    aside from the anxiety, which is not a trivial issue, and needs sorting in the long term, 

statistics I've seen say that someone your age is 27 times more likely to die when infected if not vaccinated
    I say "when" because it is "when", you will be infected, almost all of all will - especially those in work with kids

I stick to my old principle: do whatever it takes to increase the probability of being there for your kid, hence various interventions I've endured, many of which were more unpleasant or risky than a vaccine.

I had a liver biopsy once, apparently a 1.6% fatality rate in some hospitals - probably that high for people iller than I was, but quite an eye opener

Personally I think the chances of not getting infected are low in the long run. Nearly 8% of high school kids have it at the minute

Reminds me a bit of those decisions that automated cars will need to make.
    Is doing nothing the sensible thing when on the balance of probability X will occur?

I'm not going to comment on what I think Drew should do.
    For me it was a no brainer.
    I wasn't close to being the first person to take the vaccine and the rate of death from the vaccine was several orders of magnitude less than from covid, especially for my age group coupled with a couple of genetic health issues that I have.
    I seem to have survived the vaccine.
    I am not sure I would have survived the unvaccinated illness.

I am a month away from having my booster- I have also progressively minimised contact with others in the months leading up to my booster as my immunity will have waned.
    Orgy at mine after the 26th November.
    octatonic said:

What to do?

Is doing nothing the sensible thing when on the balance of probability X will occur?

I wasn't close to being the first person to take the vaccine and the rate of death from the vaccine was several orders of magnitude less than from covid, especially for my age group coupled with a couple of genetic health issues that I have.

I am a month away from having my booster- I have also progressively minimised contact with others in the months leading up to my booster as my immunity will have waned.
    not until you get your teeth fixed up ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:

What to do?

not until you get your teeth fixed up ;-)

Surely before will make blowies more enjoyable?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 7350
    @mgaw - warm healing wishes to all the family Mark 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 6691
    I hope everyone who contributed to this thread stays healthy and well. Especially me. But especially Drew.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    I hope everyone who contributed to this thread stays healthy and well. Especially me. But especially Drew.
    No u. 
    xx

Bye!

edited October 22
    I'm mostly concerned for myself, I must admit.

I don't wish any of you ill health, of course.
    I guess I have 51%-75% interest in your continued existence provide mine isn't impeded in any significant way.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peanutspeanuts Frets: 112
    edited October 23
    peanuts said:
    @peanuts do you think we should have done nothing .. 
    No
    .. a disease that has so far killed 5 million people in 18 months ..
    No
    WiresDreamDisasters said:

Nevermind that. I'm done with this. Let the opinion holders battle it out.
    Yes

outta here
    Great news. 

Loads the guns, fires and then fucks off... 

We've all seen this movie before...
     "insensitive"
  • peanutspeanuts Frets: 112
    octatonic said:
    peanuts said:
    .. a disease that has so far killed 5 million people in 18 months ..
    No
    Are you disputing this?
    Are you asserting it ?
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 4985
    DefaultM said:
    I hope he got a free set of Strings with that Amp!
    Is this a vision of normality I see before my eyes?
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 1184
    DefaultM said:
    I hope he got a free set of Strings with that Amp!

What a great marketing ploy... "You'll play your guitar so much with our amp that you'll need a new set of strings!"