I hate moaning about prices...but !

What's Hot
Flippin' (!!!) heck.

Add in the postage and you are just short of a grand for a Baja Tele. Someone somewhere must be paying these prices, as otherwise the shops would have to lower their expectations - I would imagine they have to shift the stock to survive ?

https://reverb.com/uk/item/44369494-fender-classic-player-baja-telecaster-2011-blonde

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    And that's a used guitar, too. Used prices on FB and elsewhere seem to be under £700.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    I remember buying one of them brand new for £450 about 11 years ago
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    That shop totally takes the piss on prices and I won't even consider them for anything.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • It's cheaper on his website usually...but still high.  Not as bad as some too who are forum favourites...
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    Some sellers are really playing on the Baja being discontinued. You can get pretty much the same spec in the Vintera range.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    I think I'm beginning to see a bit of normalising in prices, at least to a degree. Had a mooch on ebay for fender player teles the other day and there were one or two reasonable buy it nows; £350 ish.

On a further note guitar guitar had a superb gibson cs les paul goldtop in the pre-owned at £2699 yesterday which is very good; for a dealer price anyway. Lasted about 5 mins I think.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    ah! Good old FenderFever. Trust that guy to massively over inflate the price of anything they sell.

Lat year I saw they'd bought a second hand Gibson Classic Custom goldtop for about £1300 from Coda, immediately had it up for north of 2 grand, I offered a bit on top of what he paid, and basically got told to eff off and some one would stump up the cash.

I guess they did too, which I guess you can't blame him for doing it if idiots keep paying the money.

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    The Baja was a rare gem at a crazy low price. 50s feel and style, fantastic CS pickups, a few extra tones, traditional bridge FAT neck.

I don't think the Vintera offers the same spec. 

At least it's not another Joe Bonamassa Epiphone selling for £500 more than it should.

I do agree that prices are getting insane though; I think the next might be the Roadworn series with the CS/USA pickups....
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1323
    I bought one of these new 10 or so years back and stupidly sold it to a work colleague. Add this to the list of stuff I should have kept. Oh well.
     I remember the neck was a lovely thick baseball type and I remember the pickups were quite nice in it.
    The thing I didn't get on with was the S1 switch.. I couldn't see the point of it and it broke after a few months anyway.

Gear prices in general are KKKKRRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYYYY right now. People asking near to full asking price in some instances. 

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    The Baja was a rare gem at a crazy low price. 50s feel and style, fantastic CS pickups, a few extra tones, traditional bridge FAT neck.

At least it's not another Joe Bonamassa Epiphone selling for £500 more than it should.

I do agree that prices are getting insane though; I think the next might be the Roadworn series with the CS/USA pickups....
    The 50s Vintera Modified has Custom Shop pickups, 4 way switch with S1, thick V neck profile and 9.5” radius. The main difference is the back of neck is satin, which some might say is an improvement.
  • JJ72JJ72 Frets: 51
    edited October 2021
    Am i the only one who thinks these are/ were massively overrated? I had one when they first came out and sold it within a year.
    Very very heavy and really thick poly finish.
    I've had better squier affinities. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 905
    JJ72 said:
    Am i the only one who thinks these are/ were massively overrated? I had one when they first came out and sold it within a year.
    Really sharp fingerboard edges too, never saw the attraction  myself 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    edited October 2021
    Obviously Fender Fever from people’s experience is expensive it somewhere I would shop.

but I see a lot of home and small seller just listing on Reverb at higher price to cover fees etc and to help with google rankings and to get found. Also I think it’s easy to Reverb list if your website is on shopify 

its  785 on his website

still a load of money for what used to be a good value Tele option. It does seem these days everyone wants a side gig flipping guitars or importing  Chinese parts there must be 10 new parts sellers every month.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    Bajas seem to be holding their price, look on EBay at sold prices, are they over priced? I dunno, I wouldnt buy one now, I have one but rarely play it so probably not.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324

The 50s Vintera Modified has Custom Shop pickups, 4 way switch with S1, thick V neck profile and 9.5” radius. The main difference is the back of neck is satin, which some might say is an improvement.
    Ah my bad I didn't know they had CS pickups 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5401
    I like the way that Reverb helpfully prints a price guide:

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
    Price Guide Estimated Value
    £396.98 - £495.28

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2320
    JJ72 said:
    Me too.  I Really didn’t like the finish on it, hated the the s1 switch and the although the pickups were decent they’re not amazing imho.  I’ve had a fair few teles from different makes including fender, levinsin, g&l, tokai and others and the baja  was my least favourite.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    thomasw88 said:
    JJ72 said:
    Me too.  I Really didn’t like the finish on it, hated the the s1 switch and the although the pickups were decent they’re not amazing imho.  I’ve had a fair few teles from different makes including fender, levinsin, g&l, tokai and others and the baja  was my least favourite.
    The neck shape and pickup makes it a decent guitar for me but not a great one but let’s just wait, it will be in JV territory in 20 years
  • I like the way he says "Amazing guitar for the money". Well, yes, it is when the money in question is £500. Double that and it's not so much the case any more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I like the way he says "Amazing guitar for the money". Well, yes, it is when the money in question is £500. Double that and it's not so much the case any more. 
    Should be amazing money for the guitar