grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
Shower of shit. Poor service. 

/rant. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited October 2021
    What happened?

I ordered a bass drum case 2 days ago from them, it turned up today without any issue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    They never accept offers but always have make an offer on. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23939
    My last 3 major purchases have all been via GAK and the service has been superb - and I was very demanding too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    edited October 2021
    I ordered a guitar 3 weeks back, turned up in a shocking state. Had been barely packed and had suffered damage was also a bit grubby. 
    They offered to take it back but couldn’t source another blah blah, but it’s 48-72hr delays in them replying to messages, when you call the shop they can’t help as it’s their reverb team you have to deal with. 
    Since the guitar had a decent discount I decided to keep it, however now more bits are crapping out on it(switch has failed no sound) and there’s still no answer to message’s I sent well over 24hr it’s ago. 
    They wanted it back for a tech to look over and told me to package it back up, I’ve explained how that’s not possible as neither box survived the first outbound trip and at this point I’d rather just return it. 
    I’ve just got a glum on coz it’s broken again and also they take sooooo long to respond. 
    Ho hum, first world problems really.  

• Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Don't they just have the same stuff on their website?

The damage is unacceptable and sounds like shoddy service, but why not buy direct off their website?

I used GAK to buy my Rockerverb and they were top notch, got a few freebies thrown in too.
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited October 2021
    As @soma1975 says, they've never accepted an offer from me either, on anything, ever. They're just brutally slow at replying, both on Reverb and via email.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11304
    @grungebob What was the guitar and was the discount related to any of the issues?  That said, nothing excuses shoddy packaging and shite after-sales service.
    edited October 2021
    Offset said:
    @grungebob What was the guitar and was the discount related to any of the issues?  That said, nothing excuses shoddy packaging and shite after-sales service.
    Not really a discount, I submitted and offer via reverb for about £110 less than others were selling and they accepted. So the price was all worked out ahead of time before any issues. 
    After awhile they agreed to take it back (no apologies mind) and just said they couldn’t get another, I tried for more discount because of the issues but they refused. Since it was so much cheaper I decided I would repair the damaged tone pot and clean all the gunk off. 
    However now, I just want shot of it. 
    Shame it’s a real nice guitar but once somethings pissed me off gear wise I just never play it. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    Have you not shot yourself in the foot now by accepting the guitar as is, rather than returning it?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    rlw said:
    Have you not shot yourself in the foot now by accepting the guitar as is, rather than returning it?
    Not sure to be honest. But I’d assume it’s still within the 30 day window for DSR?
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Just firmly let them know that you will be returning it for a refund - theyre clearly trying it on.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Why Reverb?
    They've got their own online shop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Why Reverb?
    They've got their own online shop.
    They wouldn’t budge via email to their shop but did accept my offer via reverb. Should it matter the platform on which it was bought, wouldn’t you expect the same level of service from either?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Never had a problem with them