Insured courier > £2000?

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
The courier services I've checked on Interparcel top out at £2000 insurance value - in the event my acoustic sells I'll need more - who would you use? 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    edited October 2021
    Normally Overland, their price have shot up however - £87 to send a £2500 guitar fully insured via DHL last week. A few months ago that would have been quite a bit less

That said - no actual issues with the service or delivery via either APC or DHL :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Normally Overland, their price have shot up however - £87 to send a £2500 guitar fully insured via DHL last week. A few months ago that would have been quite a bit less

That said - no actual issues with the service or delivery via either APC or DHL :)

cheers 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    Try Secursus, cheaper and will cover you if you follow their terms and conditions

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Safety-wise, I found APC Overnight reliable, but I've not used them for a while and I don't know what they charge these days :) 
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3745
    edited October 2021
    Boromedic said:
    Try Secursus, cheaper and will cover you if you follow their terms and conditions
    This. You can even put expensive guitars in the hands of Parcelforce… I actually did ship a £3k PRS with them recently. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Boromedic said:
    This. You can even put expensive guitars in the hands of Parcelforce… I actually did ship a £3k PRS with them recently. 
    Thanks of this - hadn't known about them. Terms are strict - the thing about not being able to tell what's in the box would mean you'd have to cove up any guitar mentions on a. guitar box - one to watch for.

Will probably use this - cheers. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I used to use Overland a lot but their prices have got silly now 
    I let the guy who does my setups arrange insured before collection and delivery. It isn't expensive either :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ^Anyone is welcome to PM me for details :) 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    TimmyO said:
    Boromedic said:
    Thanks of this - hadn't known about them. Terms are strict - the thing about not being able to tell what's in the box would mean you'd have to cove up any guitar mentions on a. guitar box - one to watch for.

Will probably use this - cheers. 
    No worries, I still use APC via Overland as it's around £15-20 for next day, although the last one I sent had delivery delays due to lack of staff. (Not Overland's fault at all). Then Secursus on top for insurance. Great overall package, and yeah the box ID thing is a good one to note. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.