SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Gretsch Jet double-cut

What's Hot
AK99AK99 Frets: 1701
Have a hankering for a proper filter-tron equipped Malcolm Young style Gretsch. I dont know a whole lot about the Gretsch range, but would like one of the chambered solid bodies, with the double cutaway. Not too worried about the condition, as I want to play it - and probably play about with it - rather than just hunt down a pristine one.

If anybody has anything, give me a shout - thanks,
Alan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8348
    edited October 2021
    Pro Jet or Duo Jet?

I’m sure they do an Electromatic Malcolm model as well as the Pro Line version. .  

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    edited October 2021
    Ahem...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/214292/fs-limited-edition-colour-gretsch-g5222-340#latest

Edit: I see you're in the Emerald Isle, which would cause a problem as I don't have a case for it so at the moment, postage is not an option. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1701
    TheMarlin said:
    Pro Jet or Duo Jet?

I’m sure they do an Electromatic Malcolm model as well as the Pro Line version. .  

That's a great looking thing - a definite possibility. Thanks Marlin.
    edited October 2021

That's lovely McToot. I'd buy that if there is any way to sort a delivery.

Folks are up in Norn Iron which still falls under std UK postage rates for Royal Mail.  Is there anything you could do in terms of  sourcing a case or packaging to get it over to NI ?
    'Minty' the Gretsch finally made it through the maze of Bexit sea/land border, paperwork and customs hassles safe and sound. The logistics were interesting to say the least, but all worked out perfectly.

Lovely thing:

Let it settle to acclimatise after the trials and tribulations of the trip - then tuned it up, and it plays beautifully. Thanks for your patience and all of the help McToot :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    Glad to see it in a far more refined habitat than the child/dog-led chaos of McToot Towers!

Minty will be happy in its new home I feel. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a 2011 Electromatic Duojet in black that I recently rescued from ignominious oblivion at the hands of a previous owner. It's got a fair few chunks out of it but has been restored to some lovely playability and has proper Filtertrons in it. Will drop you a line if you're interested.

edited December 2021
    Got sorted already - but thanks for the offer SS. Great looking duojet that - hope you get a buyer for it.

McToot said:
    Glad to see it in a far more refined habitat than the child/dog-led chaos of McToot Towers!

Minty will be happy in its new home I feel. 
    Carefully (and very briefly) curated chaos...a fleeting moment and time in space.
    Trust me, you ought to see the rest of the place..