Parts advice

What's Hot
I wasn’t sure where to put this but I guess as it’s about a guitar in parts in making and modding.

I’ve been wanting a project for a while and as no space for anything too intense I’ve been looking at building up a guitar with the bits I want and using a pre made body and neck.

I noticed @Alegree stocks bodies finished in nitro and also some roasted maple necks and wondered if anyone has any expierience of them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    edited October 2021
    Not tried the Alegree-supplied items but have used Guitarbuild, Northwest Guitars and Warmoth. @GSPBASSES comes highly recommended but is now winding down towards retirement. PM him to see what is available.

Obviously, these items are at different price points. Your expectations should be in proportion.

The good thing with many of these bodies is that most of the screw holes are yet to be drilled. This way, you can be assured that any brand of aftermarket pickguard will align with the holes that you make in the body.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    already in talks with @GSPBASSES with the idea of a stained finish as no space for spraying. il check out the other 2 places to
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
    tFB Trader
    Colin at CSGuitars recently put together a partscaster from our parts 

Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alegree said:
    Colin at CSGuitars recently put together a partscaster from our parts 

I’m frankly staggered at the price of those bodies, well done indeed!
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    they really are, planning a epic parts caster build and tempted to get a body and neck from here to do a dry run of things and also practice my soldering before hand
  • @Alegree are you likely to get any more of the gloss sonic blue strat bodies at some point please?
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
    tFB Trader
    @Alegree are you likely to get any more of the gloss sonic blue strat bodies at some point please?
    Sonic blue has only ever been in satin - if you mean Daphne blue, those are in stock now.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • @alegree - oops, I did indeed! Thanks :)