Coodercaster build

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
edited October 2021 in Making & Modding
Ive had this Mojo Lap Steel pickup in the parts bin for ages and another post on here gave me a push to do something with it

The Strat body had similarly been hanging around for ages, Ive not really been inspired to finish it as I have so many Strats already and wanted to do something a bit different….

I had to cut a big rectangular hole in the alloy scratchplate to clear the baseplate of the pickup which was fun…

Its a three way switch which I would like to use to select each pickup individually if that is possible?

Answers below please!

Work in progress

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• On the pickup I have, join black and braid for ground, green and red (cover connection?) and white is hot. Assuming no phase issues you can then wire the guitar as per a normal Strat, using black and white as the bridge pickup
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    edited October 2021
    On the pickup I have, join black and braid for ground, green and red (cover connection?) and white is hot. Assuming no phase issues you can then wire the guitar as per a normal Strat, using black and white as the bridge pickup
    Thanks Ill check mine….

I will probably use this wiring with a tone just on the bridge

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    Yeah  it's the same as wiring a 5 way strat switch.. the only difference is notches for inbetween positions 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    WezV said:
    Yeah  it's the same as wiring a 5 way strat switch.. the only difference is notches for inbetween positions 
    Ive done a couple of Coodercasters in the past and have never really rated the Lap pickup, mixed with another, so single pickup selections will suit me..