Porcupine Tree return

This is a bit of a surprise. Grumpy Rog Jnr is back with Pink Floyd Jnr for a new album, tour, and today a new song.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    edited November 2021
    Fuck yes!
    Wonder who will play bass for them?
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Never been a massive PT fan but I like ‘In Absentia’ and the new song is most enjoyable.
  • Not really fussed about the album - we'll see, but very keen to see them on tour, having only found out about them since their hiatus.
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 489
    edited November 2021
    Very much looking forward to this, just preordered the album. Hoping to get tickets to Wembley. 

What are people's favourite PT albums? It's a toss up between Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun for me, I think they had the right balance between the earlier and later stuff. I discovered them via FOABP so that is up there too.
  • Very much looking forward to this, just preordered the album. Hoping to get tickets to Wembley. 

What are people's favourite PT albums? It's a toss up between Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun for me, I think they had the right balance between the earlier and later stuff. I discovered them via FOABP so that is up there too.
    Of the ones I own it's Stupid Dream. Somehow I didn't initially engage with the later stuff. But I find I actually prefer stuff like Deadwing as I'm more into progressive metal than I was back then. 

• AornicAornic Frets: 674
    Yes! Fantastic news. Seems like Steven Wilson returned to his roots after his very varied solo ventures.

I listened to them a lot as a teen. Favourite albums:

Fear of a Blank Planet, In Absentia, Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun.

New song sounds ace too. Sounds like a retrospective of their styles and eras.

• solarsolar Frets: 174
    This is great news. In Absentia is my fave. Saw them in Manchester on the Deadwing tour in 2005. Think it might just be worth a trek up to Wembley for the reunion..
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    edited November 2021
    This is a bit of a surprise. Grumpy Rog Jnr is back with Pink Floyd Jnr for a new album, tour, and today a new song.
       love that ^

Saw them once quite early on (Scala London) and left at the interval, dull and lifeless on that occasion IMHO but they must have got better
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    A band I like but don't love. That is the case with many modern bands that I like, I don't 'fall in love' with bands any more. Sign of my age maybe.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16315
    Ya Dancer  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • Didnt make it through the song earlier. I'll give it another go when im not working at the same time but didnt really grab me at first. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • My band played Lazarus for somebodies first dance once.. They had choreographed dance moves and everything!
  • Very happily booked my ticket  for Zürich via the presale this morning (just a link form the album pre sale page, not purchase of the album required).

Gotta say I am very excited about this, I really thought Porcupine Tree were done and that SW was moving away from this style.
  • AornicAornic Frets: 674
    Got my ticket at Wembley and will be going to a Q&A + Album release they're doing in Kingston a month from now. 

Steven's hinted this is probably their last work so I reckoned why not?
  • rprrpr Frets: 318
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    Really enjoying the new album. The overall feel reminds me more of 'The Raven That Refused To Sing' as opposed to previous Porcupine Tree albums.