SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Musicians wanted for 60s instrumentals band (guitar/bass/drums) - London

NyquistNyquist Frets: 2
edited February 2022 in Personnel
I am looking to put together a new instrumental group to play 60s garage pop, R&B and soul

Things like Green Onions, Time Is Tight, Telstar, Batman, Apache, Get Carter and some more obscure stuff and hopefully some originals in the same vein. Basically music that people can dance to with fairly prominent hammond organ, and plenty of scope for some interesting guitar parts too.

I’ll be playing the hammond (not the real thing unfortunately), so looking for guitar, bass and drums to complete the line up.

I’m 44 and based in Limehouse, so probably looking to rehearse somewhere East/South East London. I have been making music one way or another since I was a teenager as both a guitarist and producer. Been learning the hammond over the past year or so.

Please get in touch if you are interested.

Alex

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16004
    Assume a B3 sound ...........I'm not applying for the band just keen to know how you are going to get your Hammond sound or is it coming from a Nord keyboard ( they do a great Hammond sound if you can stylise your playing to enhance it )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KristoKristo Frets: 123
    If I was nearer I'd be up for playing bass in this. Good luck.
  • Dominic said:
    Assume a B3 sound ...........I'm not applying for the band just keen to know how you are going to get your Hammond sound or is it coming from a Nord keyboard ( they do a great Hammond sound if you can stylise your playing to enhance it )
    Hi. I'm using a Ferrofish B4000+ with a midi keyboard (too tight to buy a Nord  =))
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 320
    I'd be up for this, I love 60's music, and surf in particular for my guitar sounds. I love the sound of the hammond organ too. Let me know if you're still recruiting or if you need a guitarist
  • Right up my street but wrong end of the country sadly. Wish you good fortune though.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • Hydra19 said:
    I'd be up for this, I love 60's music, and surf in particular for my guitar sounds. I love the sound of the hammond organ too. Let me know if you're still recruiting or if you need a guitarist
    great - have messaged you
  • Still looking for a guitarist, so giving this a bump
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    I'd be all over it if I were closer, sounds like great fun. Good luck.