SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1970 Fender Twin Reverb

OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1680
edited August 2014 in Amps £
I'm finally selling this one as I've recently got myself a '65 blackface.

I bought this amp from the daughter of the first owner, he had died about 10 years ago and they just stored this amp under the stairs, so I suppose, two careful owners so far.

All original (inc all transformers) except for recent service, recap (Sprague Atoms), blackface modification and new TAD 6L6's in the power section. The speakers are the original Oxford 12T6's, which I absolutely love, I have these in my 1965 too.

Excellent condition as you can see.

This amp sounds amazing, no kidding, the biggest, warmest, fattest, muscular clean tone you'll ever hear. With a strat it's instant John Mayer. With a 335, you are BB King.

These early ones aren't that heavy either, certainly much lighter than the later years. I'm 10 1/2 stone dripping wet and I can carry it about without issue.

Now, the price, £650 buys it, collected from Accrington Lancashire. You won't find a nicer amp cheaper anywhere.

Cheers,
Rob.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments