SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Danelectro, ideally 'The Stock' 59 or Baritone or Convertible

StruanRobertsonStruanRobertson Frets: 182
edited November 2021 in Guitars £
I had one in Aqua, it was as great. Sold it, bought it back, sold it again. 

I am a fickle idiot. 

I'd also consider a baritone Dano if anyone happens to have one.... Or even a Convertible, just for fun! 

All models considered though reall, so try me. 

Based in London. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1701
    Struan man.. I have a cracking standard '59  (but no way in h*ll you're getting it back :) )

Glad to see you've come back to your senses. Hope you find a decent one.
  • AK99 said:
    Struan man.. I have a cracking standard '59  (but no way in h*ll you're getting it back :) )

Glad to see you've come back to your senses. Hope you find a decent one.
    I'm glad you're still enjoying it. 

It is a cracker, but I'm after the stock one with the wooden bridge, intonation be damned!

Been thinking about all the guitars I've owned recently and the Aqua stock 59 was the most fun to pick up and play. Sold it as I had 'too many guitars'. No such thing right?! 
  • Miss my seafoam green(?) Convertible. Most fun guitar I ever had. Sold it to a hoarder woman in a flat in central London who was clearly not going to play it or possibly even look after it. It had a lovely flame on the neck too...

I'm an idiot.

Good luck with your search, nothing but good things to say about the Korean Danos. The U2 I had from that period was great, too.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1701
    edited November 2021

Been thinking about all the guitars I've owned recently and the Aqua stock 59 was the most fun to pick up and play. Sold it as I had 'too many guitars'. No such thing right?! 
    No - only too many of the wrong guitars perhaps..

Damnit, you have me googling those aqua Danos now too :)

• AK99 said:

No - only too many of the wrong guitars perhaps..

Damnit, you have me googling those aqua Danos now too :)

Ha! They're handsome. Skinnier neck than the one you have though. 

I'm no shredder, but something about the flat boards on the Danos make them fun to play. 

• Bump from the depths as I am still hankering for a Dano.

Happy to expand my horizons, but ideally want a stock 59 in a nice colour - preferably not black.

I have pedals to trade, but also cash.

If you happen to have an actual 50's one.....that would be interesting!