SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PRS 1990 Bass IV for sale

What's Hot
FranFran Frets: 5
edited November 2021 in Basses £
Before I start let me explain I have tried to start a thread in the new members introduction section, unsuccesfully it wouldn't allow me, maybe it's because I have just only joined today but anyway here is my intro rap:

Based in London, I play and collect basses and guitars and amps and effects, it's not a massive collection but one divided in keepers and movers which I buy and sell to try new interesting stuff, some movers might become keepers, other get sold
I was sent here by a mate who higly recommended this place to me.

Once I'll have figured out how to post pictures I'll show some of them, infact if anyone knows how to post pics please can you tell me step by step? Thanks

------------------
For Sale

I have a 4 strings 1990 PRS Bass for sale described as follows:

Descriptions:

CE BASS-4 1990 - 1991. Solid alder body, bolt-on rock maple neck, maple fret board, dot inlay, 3 single coil pickups, 1 hum cancelling. 

Price £2000 no offers no swaps. Thanks

All pics are on this link Bass only, the guitar in that album is not for sale

Paul Reed Smith was ahead of his time when he designed this bass, during his market research he asked as many bass players as he could what would they specifically want in a bass and nearly everyone of them answered that their dream bass should sound like a Precision Bass, a Jazz Bass and a Stingray all in one instrument.

Quite some task, but I think Paul nailed it with this bass, starting from the decision to use single coils instead of soap-bars or hum-buckers he was aware that single coil pick ups are the preferred ones among bassists, but he was also aware of the problem that single coil have and that is the hum that they are known to emit, so what Paul did was pretty smart he fitted a 4th pick up on the back of the body acting as a dummy pickup meaning its only function was to be connected at all times to the other 3 pick ups, wired in phase thus eliminating the hum issue.
Genius, it worked!
How do I know all this you might ask? Because I met Paul and asked him a lot of question, and the nice man he is, he even signed my bass on the back of the control cavity and behind the headstock as you can see in the pics.
This bass is extremely quiet even when the preamp is in active mode. The Pre-amp has been designed in-house by PRS and consists of 4 knobs: 1) Volume / 2) Rotary 5 position pickup selector, 3) Deep / 4) Clear and an on/off switch.
The two knobs called DEEP and CLEAR are the pre-amp section, and intuitively one adds a hell of a low end frequency the other adds top end but without fret noise. And the cool thing is that if the battery ever dies while you are playing you can always flick the switch and use the bass in passive mode.
The low end of the Deep knob was particularly preferred by one famous reggae bassist Robbie Shakespeare of Sly & Robbie who was one of the first big names playing this bass touring with Bob Marley and Peter Tosh.
One of the best features of this bass it's the weight, believe it or not this is the lightest bass I have ever owned weighing at 7.1 lbs / 3.22 Kgs.

BASIC FEATURES
PRS pre-amp
PRS BASS ELECTRONICS (1990-1991) 5 Position Rotary-Hybrid Pickup System
ROTARY POSITIONS
■Position 5: Middle pickup / typical Precision Bass sound ■Position 4: Bass pickup / very similar to a Gibson EBO neck P/up sound ■Position 3: Treble and middle pickups / sounding very close to Stingray ■Position 2: Treble and bass pickups / similar to a Jazz bass with both p/ups on ■Position 1: Treble pickup / similar to a 60's Jazz bass bridge P/up sound
CONTROLS
■Volume: Self explanatory ■Deep Control: Adds depth below normal "Bass" ■Clear Control: Adds clarity, not fret noise ■Pre-Amp Bypass Switch: If the battery goes dead (approx. 200 hours life), you can still play ■Internal Jack Switch: Unplug jack cord to turn off battery

Deep & clear tone controls

Purchase Date 01/11/1990 Built Date 11/07/1990 Weight 7.1lbs / 3.22Kg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments