Fender deluxe guitar body?

What's Hot
Any ideas on the model of this Stratocaster Guitar Body. 

It was sold as being a refinished Fender deluxe body, the routing looks right and it has scn pickups but the lack of the micro tilt and the 6 screw bridge got thinking otherwise . 

It's definitely Fender but not too sure what model, I have it up for sake but don't want to mislead anyone. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    edited November 2021
    It's definitely NOT a refinished US Fender deluxe body for the reasons you mention, and actually the HSS rout is wrong for a deluxe. The routing is also wrong for any versions of the Mexican Deluxes too. 

The body IS a Fender Highway One body - you can tell by the finish, the six screw bridge mount, the HSS rout, and critically the part number on the label.

Whether it is nitro or acrylic finish depends on whether it is a V1 (Pre 2006, acrylic) or V2 (2006 onwards, nitro).

The neck pocket stamp looks like it says 2002, which would be an early V1, so acrylic. I believe the colour was called crimson red transparent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's definitely NOT a refinished US Fender deluxe body for the reasons you mention, and actually the HSS rout is wrong for a deluxe. The routing is also wrong for any versions of the Mexican Deluxes too. 

The body IS a Fender Highway One body - you can tell by the finish, the six screw bridge mount, the HSS rout, and critically the part number on the label.

Whether it is nitro or acrylic finish depends on whether it is a V1 (Pre 2006, acrylic) or V2 (2006 onwards, nitro).

The neck pocket stamp looks like it says 2002, which would be an early V1, so acrylic. I believe the colour was called crimson red transparent. 
    Thanks  for the information , I spent ages trawling through the photos on google and could not find a match .  Will get the listing revised   , thanks again . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom