SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Yamaha SA700

What's Hot
Longshot, but if you're looking to move one, let me know.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    They're around if you're patient - but they're creeping up in value now people realise how bloody good the MIJ SA's are.

I bought an SA800 (MIJ) in the summer, it's a cracker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 88
    edited November 2021
    A while ago I had a 700 that I largely preferred to the 2200 that I’d had before that. 
    Currently have an Ibby LR10 that fits me Goldilocks. 
    Any of these, if you snap up a good one (and they’re fairly consistent originally so it’s just how they’ve been treated)  are lovely guitars. 
    I do have a smaller bodied 80s Ibanez AM70 still for sale just in case that’s of any interest? 
  • @4on6 - how did you find the neck on the 700? I'm hearing that they are a little chunkier than the usual Yamaha fare. This is part of the appeal for me.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    telehack said:
    @4on6 - how did you find the neck on the 700? I'm hearing that they are a little chunkier than the usual Yamaha fare. This is part of the appeal for me.
    I'd say my SA800 had the same profile as my SA700. I wouldn't describe it as chunky, probably more 60s Gibson than 58-9.

I'm only up the road near Cirencester if you want to try mine.
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 88
    I agree they’re fairly chunky. Tbh they were just a little big for me. I’m going to guess if you like chunk, they’re going to be ideal... although we all know that there are so many details that make up the feel of the neck... one thing to note is that the 70s/80s yams tend to have lowish frets.. that was one area the 2200 was much better than the 700. However the 7 always felt like a guitar I could dig in on and had a much fuller jazz tone. (I think I may be alone in that view.)