quick Q [mods can you move this to "how do I" - I cant delete it

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13568
edited November 2021 in Help & Feedback
so those emoji's over there  *  points *  on the top right of this the comments pain................ how do you use em ?  The other 12 from the drop down up there * points again * are a bit "limited"

apologies if this is in a "how to" thread.............this is a bit quicker 
just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited November 2021
    There are the drop down ones or you can type a colon followed by a letter. It’s not an obvious process but it gives some additional options. mask  grey_question fearful  etc etc 

So : m without the space between the : and the m gives you mask mrgreen smile smiley smirk  for example. There are a lot of repeats as the same emoji can be triggered by multiple letters. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Moved to Help & Feedback.

I have no idea how the emojis are used other than a few of them - @digitalscream is there some sort of logic to the : formula?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    edited November 2021
    skull cool I didn’t know you could do this, pensive  going to have lots of fun now kissing_wink winding users up with my child like responses. Thanks op for opening my eyes. heart 

Edit: or more to the point @EricTheWeary for the explanation. :yum: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    skull cool I didn’t know you could do this, pensive  going to have lots of fun now kissing_wink winding users up with my child like responses. Thanks op for opening my eyes. heart 

Edit: or more to the point @EricTheWeary for the explanation. :yum: 
    FFS :warning: :weary: :expressionless: :unamused: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    There are the drop down ones or you can type a colon followed by a letter. It’s not an obvious process but it gives some additional options. mask  grey_question fearful  etc etc 

So : m without the space between the : and the m gives you mask mrgreen smile smiley smirk  for example. There are a lot of repeats as the same emoji can be triggered by multiple letters. 
    but some arent followed by a colon for some, for instance are followed by =    =  )  gives =)   

Im specifically talking about the ones that appear when you click on the little smiley face, top RH corner of a reply box 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    :bz =P~ 8-X Try clicking on the html symbol first?
  • bertie said:

but some arent followed by a colon for some, for instance are followed by =    =  )  gives =)   

Im specifically talking about the ones that appear when you click on the little smiley face, top RH corner of a reply box 
    Ahh, I’m with you now. No, I can’t get them to work. 

mart said:
    :bz =P~ 8-X Try clicking on the html symbol first?
    The what!?!
    edited November 2021
    The </> symbol, which switches to allow you to type raw html if you have nostalgia about wrestling with netscape in the 1990s. >:) B-) :-B
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mart said:
    The </> symbol, which switches to allow you to type raw html if you have nostalgia about wrestling with netscape in the 1990s. >:) B-) :-B

:bz
  • @mart that didn't seem to work on my iPad ( on Safari) but does on my laptop ( I think this is Microsoft Edge?). 

So, click the weird symbol, click the emoji and reclick the weird symbol. 

Although they also seem to disappear at times completely.   

~O)
    edited November 2021
    I'm also on an iPad on safari, and it seems to work ok - click the </> symbol, then the smiley face in the corner to get the emoji menu, then click the emoji symbol you want, :-L and then click the </> to get back to normal.  

It doesn't seem easy to get the emoji in exactly the right place in your message this way, but copy and paste sorts that out, although you need to be careful about the spaces around the emoji's. Easier to just type a message full of emojis. 
    :P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 3:-O

trying on Safari…okay that seems to work. Do t know what I was doing yesterday  :-B
    So we can look forward to you changing your name to Eric The Emojional?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom