Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

EBay £1 selling fees - still a thing?

What's Hot
I want to sell two drum kits so I was hoping for one of those £1 final fee promotions. Do they still do those? Any way of finding out when?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had a £2 final fee seller off last week, yes they still do them. No you cant find out when, if that was the case most people selling big ticket items would wait and save tons of cash on fees.

In fact I'm pretty sure they aren't blanket promotions anyhow, but sent individually/to groups sellers meeting the conditions of whatever their algorithm is.
  • I got an 80% off final value fees last week. That's mostly what I get now. Not had a £1 or £2 for ages. I guess they send different deals to different users but I do get them quite regularly. 
  • Seems potluck, I've had the £1 and £2 offers in the past month. I've used them both too
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    You may have to wait a while. My last £1 final fee was a month ago. Then shortly after I received a £2 final fee offer. I think that they will gradually ramp these up again. What the world needs is a direct competitor auction site for ebay.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I’ve just offloaded a bunch of stuff on a £1 deal. It was a while since the last one before that, but I often miss them due to the app’s flakey ability to send notifications for stuff I actually care about
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • I had a £2 deal too
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5403
    £2 today. Got £1 last about a month ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    I only ever get the 80% off bollocks nowadays :-(

Seems the more I moan about it on here, the more eBay dig their heels in and don't give me the £1, £2 or £3 offers.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    No £2 for me today, but I do have a £1 final value free promo for up to 3 items if I buy something from their Black Friday promotion.

I did recently clear out all my Mooer pedal on a recent £1 promo though, so I'm not surprised it's passed me by this time.
  • Seem to get £2 every two or three weeks. Tis the only time I’ll use eBay
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited November 2021
    I just sold an acoustic on the £2 total fee listing.

But be aware, it only counts for the first time it’s listed. (Default is  one week, maximum is a 10 day listing)

If it doesn’t sell, eBay automatically relists the item,

and from then onwards, standard fees apply.

• I’ve sold a few things on the 80% off. It’s not a bad deal to be fair.
  • I've just got the 80 percent off again today.

It works out great if you're selling low value items. 

Roughly works out to paying 25p for an item worth £10.

So if its £100: £2.50 fees. £200: £5.

I think that's right. Maybe not! 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Had a £2 offer last week and another this week. My understanding is you have to meet certain criteria, which involves your seller rating, to get the offer. Don’t quote me on that though.
  • MtB said:
    You may have to wait a while. My last £1 final fee was a month ago. Then shortly after I received a £2 final fee offer. I think that they will gradually ramp these up again. What the world needs is a direct competitor auction site for ebay.
    People have been saying that for over a decade and it hasn't happened. Since Ebay launched, we've seen an explosion of Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, Preloved, and forums like this to go alongside physical auction houses who also operate online, guitar stores who will take instruments and gear in part exchange, and the fun that is Crack Converters. Given how people complain about even the 80% off FVF offer as being too much, I'm not sure how any site would be able to start and make money now. 

• £2 sent to me today
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    MtB said:
    People have been saying that for over a decade and it hasn't happened. Since Ebay launched, we've seen an explosion of Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, Preloved, and forums like this to go alongside physical auction houses who also operate online, guitar stores who will take instruments and gear in part exchange, and the fun that is Crack Converters. Given how people complain about even the 80% off FVF offer as being too much, I'm not sure how any site would be able to start and make money now. 

Perhaps the time is right for a brave entrepreneur to set up GleeBay - an auction site that sides with the seller rather than the buyer in a dispute.
  • Received the £2 offer yesterday, valid until Monday.  In recent weeks I've had the 80% fee discount too.  They're both excellent value, especially when you consider that there are no PayPal fees to pay now.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    They've been bombarding me with £2 offers.
    I can't be bothered and have spent a chunk of the afternoon offering things on Freecycle (no guitar bits!).
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5403
    I just got offered the "buy something and get 3 free £1 listings" as well... hmm.