Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What DAW are you using?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• It’s a great time to be recording on computers, so much can be done these days with a modest investment in time and money.

Not that long ago the barriers to even a beginners recording setup meant it was a pipe dream for many. 

I went from Tascam 4 track > Cool Edit & Cubase on a PC and now settled with Logic ProX on Mac, it’s fab! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cubase 9 Elements .been using Cubase since the Atari days. This version was licenced with a UR22 Mk2 interface.
    Runs well for me on a very low spec laptop and runs a few synth plugins I need. Also integrates well with master keyboards (or is it the other way round).
    It also just managed to import 16 reaper stems to do an alternate mix for a friend’s track .

• I know it sounds a bit spastic, but I use the mobile version of FL Studio on a chromebook. I try to intentionally limit myself for software so I can be more creative with things like recording and composition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 246
    Just started with Reaper - first DAW - seemed to come out in the reviews as a good starting point, easy to get on with and good value. I don't have enough experience to make any judgement, but I'm already amazed at how good it is but there's a lot for my old addled brain to take in, so just trying to get the basics of capture as good as possible for now while I learn the other aspects - that was always a good strategy in the old days, sure it still is now.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    I know it sounds a bit spastic, but I use the mobile version of FL Studio on a chromebook. I try to intentionally limit myself for software so I can be more creative with things like recording and composition.
    I think there's a lot of value in that and I do the same. The only channel plugins I use are EQ and compression and I have one  verb and one  delay running on 2 aux buses. This is basically how we set up analog desks in the nineties and if the song and arrangement are solid it's all you really need.  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Pretty amazed how well Reaper is running on my 1Q22 challenge build Raspberry Pi, first recordings done yesterday.
    RPi 400, £65 posted, record / monitoring via Samson G track. Reaper Arm version. Toshiba 37'' TV.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Logic Pro x latest , it’s quite enjoyable even though I’m a newb 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Use is putting it too strongly, currently installed are Reason & Live as sources, and Tracktion Waveform as main DAW
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    Just updated to Cubase 12 as a free update from Cubase 11. No more dongle, yay! (But, boy, are people on the Steinberg forum as thick as shit).
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3650
    Philtre said:
    Just updated to Cubase 12 as a free update from Cubase 11. No more dongle, yay! (But, boy, are people on the Steinberg forum as thick as shit).
    I haven't made the update yet (waiting to let things settle down a little).  How are you finding it?  Have you used any of the new features in anger yet?

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    Musicwolf said:
    Philtre said:
    I haven't made the update yet (waiting to let things settle down a little).  How are you finding it?  Have you used any of the new features in anger yet?

Haven't really spent much time with it yet, as I'm still coming up to speed with changes made since the last time I used Cubase in anger (20 years ago!). I don't like all this other stuff - Steinberg Download Assistant, Steinberg Activation Manager, Steinberg Library Manager...