Slightly crazy pedal build - the Magna Thang

What's Hot
Earlier in the year I build a Magna Vibe from Jeds Peds which was shortly followed by their Swamp Thang kit. The two have become favourites and at this time all the modulation I need. I squeezed them into a single box with a small switch to select. A few months later I thought, wouldn’t it be cool if…. and the results are show below (pre final wiring and finishing). So it’s a 1590B (the real Hammond ones are so much nicer BTW) with two footswitches but since neither of these are ‘hit quickly on the fly’ kind of effects it works fine for me. It’s a bit more untidy now as I had to squeeze in a volume trimmer for the Swampy which as standard has a bit of a volume boost.

This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice, tidy build that - great effort to get it all in a small space. 
  • Love my Jeds swamp thang. Always intended to put two of them in a single pedal so I could have different speeds set, but never got round to it, reminds me to add it to the to do list. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice, tidy build that - great effort to get it all in a small space. 
    It’s just luck I guess that one has a horizontal board and the other a very small vertical one
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    edited November 2021
    Love my Jeds swamp thang. Always intended to put two of them in a single pedal so I could have different speeds set, but never got round to it, reminds me to add it to the to do list. 
    I have had a few trems and it really is the most interesting sounding one in some indefinable way, there’s a tiny hint of harmonic in there to ears (sorry, managed to accidentally LOL your comment)
  • Love my Jeds swamp thang. Always intended to put two of them in a single pedal so I could have different speeds set, but never got round to it, reminds me to add it to the to do list. 
    I have had a few trems and it really is the most interesting sounding one in some indefinable way, there’s a tiny hint of harmonic in there to ears (sorry, managed to accidentally LOL your comment)
    It’s cool dude, deserves a lol; the double pedal kit has been sat in a draw for almost five years! :)