Best place to buy guitar necks

What's Hot
I'm building (or have been for years now) a Bitsa strat. 
I have an old squire neck for it at the moment but it's a bit crap (90s vintage) and also screwed up a bit on sanding (over did it).
So looking for a new neck. Now ebay seems to have loads of offers at around £30 quid, but are they likely to be any good.
Likewise I don't want so spend hundreds on a Warmoth neck (have one on my bling machine).
Where would you suggest for a cheap but good neck, with reasonable nut and pre-finished

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How cheap is cheap?  I have one of these in unused condition (not drilled) which I really should get round to listing properly.  Will need a nut, though.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Ideally below £100

• Ah, would be after more than that, sorry.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    edited November 2021
    North West Guitars? Loads of sub-£100 necks on ebay but they would be a lottery.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    Put a wanted ad on here? 
    Or keep an eye out for another Squier neck
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3121
    edited November 2021
    I'm building (or have been for years now) a Bitsa strat. 
    I have an old squire neck for it at the moment but it's a bit crap (90s vintage) and also screwed up a bit on sanding (over did it).
    So looking for a new neck. Now ebay seems to have loads of offers at around £30 quid, but are they likely to be any good.
    Likewise I don't want so spend hundreds on a Warmoth neck (have one on my bling machine).
    Where would you suggest for a cheap but good neck, with reasonable nut and pre-finished

I've got a NorthWest guitars 1 piece Strat neck, with a maple fretboard and satin finish. It's a "Fat C" shape with big frets with 9.5 radius, 55.5mm at the heel and 42mm at the nut with double truss rod and 10mm tuner holes, and has a Tusq nut fitted.

It's a lovely neck, but doesn't fit the body I bought it for so needs to go.

I can do it for £85, posted.

This is a stock pic I managed to find on the web, but can take real pictures later if you're interested?

Edit: This is the original ad on here: https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/207696/sold-chunky-strat-neck
  • I bought a £30 Strat neck on eBay just to see what it was like. 
    The nut isn’t straight and I’m pretty sure the truss rod isn’t working. 
    Looks nice though
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm building (or have been for years now) a Bitsa strat. 

I've got a NorthWest guitars 1 piece Strat neck, with a maple fretboard and satin finish. It's a "Fat C" shape with big frets with 9.5 radius, 55.5mm at the heel and 42mm at the nut with double truss rod and 10mm tuner holes, and has a Tusq nut fitted.

It's a lovely neck, but doesn't fit the body I bought it for so needs to go.

I can do it for £85, posted.

This is a stock pic I managed to find on the web, but can take real pictures later if you're interested?

Edit: This is the original ad on here: https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/207696/sold-chunky-strat-neck
    Will keep that in mind. Thanks
  • Ebay seller earlpilanz sells good necks. (No affiliation) I have had a couple of Tele necks in the past.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    I bought one of the HZ Tele necks on eBay for £89. Pretty good for the money. Truss Rod works. Put a new nut on it, and I chose to darken the board a little, but other than that I’m pleased with it and it plays well.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 953
    Booboo guitars have got 15% off everything This week, might be something there for you.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8888
    tFB Trader
    Here’s a £50 neck a customer sent me to see if it would work in the body.

https://i.imgur.com/yCYtXU1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S5ZqM3Q.jpg

That’s what “cheap” looks like.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    edited November 2021
    Here’s a £50 neck a customer sent me to see if it would work in the body.

That’s what “cheap” looks can look like.
    FTFY

I bought a £65 flame maple neck off ebay - supposedly from a UK seller, but arrived direct from China. Its absolutely fabulous - its needed no fretwork at all, the finish was flawless (still is), although the nut (bone) needed some cutting.

They aren't all rubbish...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom