SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: PRS McCarty

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
edited December 2021 in Guitars £
Have an itch for one of these at the moment.

Ideally looking for one in a flat colour with moon inlays and soapbar pickups, but open to any spec really.

There are quite a few nice secondhand ones around in the shops but trying not to spend too much.

Looking to spend up to £1,200.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    edited November 2021
    This one’s been here for a while , might be worth a cheeky offer  no affiliation to them but I’m always checking their site. 

http://www.strungoutguitars.com/guitars/electric?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2575&category_id=2  
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    @UHAS Thanks for the heads up on that one!  Have sent them a message.

@ICBM is this the shop you do amp repairs for?  Any chance you've seen/played this guitar?
    Still looking.
  • £1,200 was once the going rate. Sadly, the likes of Squealing Pigs and Steve Jordan have added around 50% to the price. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 192
    You’re bang on @imalrightjack - have noticed 6-8 PRS recently hoovered up from Fleabay Facebook and appear on the usual suspects websites for on average £750 more
    Trouble is some of them are selling so don’t know if we’ll ever see £1200 again
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7212
    There was a black McCarty with dots at £1200 on eBay last week. Private sale (dropped from 1400) but collect only.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited December 2021
    I might be slightly optimistic with pricing but I do just want a basic model and not fussed on condition.

Sadly that collection one was a bit too far away.

I’m watching one on eBay at £1,450. Might make an offer on it.

For McCarty owners, what is a ‘good’ weight for them? Seem to range from 7.5lb to 8.6lb.
  • CHrisP86 said:
    I might be slightly optimistic with pricing but I do just want a basic model and not fussed on condition.

Sadly that collection one was a bit too far away.

I watching one on eBay at £1,450. Might make an offer on it.

For McCarty owners, what is a ‘good’ weight for them? Seem to range from 7.5lb to 8.6lb.
    Entirely down to comfort for me. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent