SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Gibson ES339, Silver Sky, Fender American Original 50s Telecaster, 1965 Jaguar

What's Hot
sergiosergio Frets: 116
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
I've seen a few tempting things recently and there's only one way to satiate the GAS demon: by selling guitars I know I like and buy guitars I don't know if I will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All of them prices are PPG, but happy to listen to trades. Can meet around London, or happy to post at cost.

First off is a Gibson ES339 made in Memphis. Only marks are 3 hard to see round indentations along the lower bout (two of them seen in the second picture) - not sure what they are and when I showed it to a luthier he did not know how they were caused. Best guess is either nitro reaction or indentation caused by a guitar stand. Comes with its original case and paperwork. £1500 SOLD

Second is a Fender Limited Edition American Original 50s Telecaster White Blonde. These guitars are chambered so they are lighter than a typical AmOriginal, although this one is still ~3.1Kg. Comes with its original tweed case, all paperwork including hangtag etc... £1250 SOLD

Third is a PRS Silver Sky in Midnight Rose and rosewood fretboard. Not a mark in the body or neck, biggest flat is a tiny nick on top of the headstock. Comes with original bag and papers. £1750

Last one is a bit special. It's a players grade 1965 Fender Jaguar I bought here last year. It's far from original: long ago had a refin in black (which has checked nicely) and has seen changes in the bridge and, I believe, the pickguard. Has a lot of checks, dings and marks, including in the neck: this has been a guitar that has seen play. The reason for letting it go is the fretboard - it's likely to be brazilian rosewood and I am planning moving abroad sometime next year. I don't want to deal with the exporting paperwork so instead of rushing a sale then I'll put it out now to see what comes. Also, it doesn't have a case so I'd prefer this one to deal in person.
This guitar costed £2450 in April last year, but prices have blown up so I am not looking to sell. At the moment I am only looking to trade, ideally for a Les Paul R8 or a ES335 '59 reissue.

Plenty more pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/rF1mZLA
1reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That Jag is incredible. Would be interested in knowing the FS price if you go down that route.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sergiosergio Frets: 116
    I've gotten a few trade offers that are interesting but nothing has fully materialized, but for the moment I'll keep it FT. Also, bump!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2021
    As some people have asked, the ES339 is from 2014 and based on the info on this post https://forum.gibson.com/topic/87056-es-339-how-to-tell-which-neck-i-have/ it has a 30/60 slender neck - which kind of matches my impression.

Here https://imgur.com/a/kpf93lF are a lot of extra pics of the Gibson, including the below where it is looking particularly nice.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Another bump
    And up again.
    edited December 2021
    One last bump before Christmas!
  • Is the ES339 still available?

Yep, it is still available :)
  • PM ed

• Any price on the jag yet?
    ES339 sold. Bumping for the new year!
    edited January 2022
    I got a nice Les Paul so there's less need for an R8 now - happy to listen to other offers! A Gretsch, or a Musicman St Vincent, perhaps?
    Bumping this! After doing a bit of research thanks to another fretboarder, it's likely the pickups are not the original ones. I'm not sure what they are, they don't look like most Jaguar pickups I've been able to find online. The pots seem to be stamped '65, though. Here are some additional pics: https://imgur.com/a/lKb3KHb

I'm looking to sell for £2600. No longer looking for specific trades, but never say no! I'm happy to post at cost in a hiscox case.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • urgh i just bought another '65 refin Jag but that is so bloody gorgeous
    TTT
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2926
    edited April 2022
    I think someone on here has a set of origibal  Jag pickups for sale on Reverb. 

He may do you a deal as he's got loads of vintage parts for sale. 

PreCBS 1962 1963 Fender Jaguar pickup (2) https://reverb.com/item/53222018?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=53222018

• I'm really enjoying the ES-339.
    Enjoyable guitar to play and it's the first time I've had a Gibson that is basically perfect build and setup wise...

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    I'm really enjoying the ES-339.
    Enjoyable guitar to play and it's the first time I've had a Gibson that is basically perfect build and setup wise...

You got a bargain there aswell.
    I'm really enjoying the ES-339.

Glad you are enjoying it! It's a very nice guitar, definitely has it's own vibe. And, for a Gibson, no huge QC issues =)
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2652
    Sergio,  have you been to Guitar Classics in Battersea? Graham has some interesting guitars and is always open to a trade..