Cover Challenge No16 "C" Voting thread

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
edited November 2021 in Making Music
This is the vote for the 16th fretboard cover challenge. 

”Cardiff” - Stone Sour
or
any other song beginning with “C”

The entries can be heard in the playlist below:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/THEJz8hwxD3MigDk8

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below.

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

however @Bezzer  ;;and @stratman3142 each have a bonus 5pts for picking the original song choice by the previous winner

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on  Friday 3rd December…

The winner will have 48hours to send me their song choice for the next challenge… or I’ll pick for you if you don’t… any song you like as long as it begins with the letter “D”.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited November 2021

Nice one chaps, these are all killer. 

1. @Bezzer -  There was very little between yours and Stratman's interpretation, but this just about edges it for me. Great vocals! 
    2. @stratman3142 - Fine production - great guitar tones, especially during the heavier section. A very very close second.   
     3. @Habanero ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; - I enjoyed this take on the original - the slightly nonchalant manner of the vocals made me smile as well  Great punk tones. 

Shout out to @Enjo for a great cover of a classic, and @Poopot for the slightly irreverent take on Floyd, haha! 
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Blimey, judging these is hard. After much thought...

5pts @Bezzer - there was very little between the Cardiffs but the differences to the original just gave it the advantage
    3pts @stratman3142 - better than the original in parts, but just edged by Bezzer's additions
    1pt @poopot - mad version, and I presume you're still on the run from the Floyd hitmen!

@Springywheel - a really good version that could have benefited from some vocals. I liked the @Enjo version, though I only know the Beatles original.

Looking forward to 'D' already.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 584
    Sorry, I'm normally much quicker to the party that this!  Yeah this was fun this month ... obviously driven by taste and I am in a certain frame of mind at the moment so that may colour things, sorry.

So ....

5pts @stratman3142 ... I biased as I love this song (its why I chose it) so props for covering it, props for going so deep dive on it and getting it so damned close!  I know you didn't think you'd get any points this month but that was impressive.  Sometimes covering isn't re-inventing it's understanding.  That was great work ... and then you like @poopot sing on it ... ;)

Speaking of ... 

3pts @poopot ... again sorry, I'm a sucker for Uncle.  I am always happy when he turns up, as long as it's with the correct state mandated guards.  But aside from that it's a really, really inventive take on a "classic" and incredibly well done ... parody or not.

Lastly 1pt @Springywheel because Sabbath init, how could I not go with Sabbath!  Not going to lie I wish you'd chosen a different sample for the vocal line as all I can picture is Rob Halford with a kazoo ripping the piss out of Ozzy ... but aside from that, the backing is ace.

@Habanero and @Enjo ... really great covers, just not really my cup of tea.

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited November 2021
    @Bezzer lol. I can't unhear that now   s  I literally spent an hour scrolling through presets trying to find the right sound and best I could come up with is a bloody kazoo. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 584
    @Springywheel ha ha … sorry!! 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    5pts to @bezzer - aced it again tbh
    3pts to @enjo - liked that a lot
    1pt to @Habanero ; - again liked this…

@springywheel and @stratman3142 both crackers but for me the other two just beat @Springywheel and I can’t vote for @stratman3142 as I’m singing on it :(

• 5 points : @Bezzer : Another imaginative take on the original. Ominous and moody arrangement that builds well. The 'Cover Challenge King' does it again.

3 points : @poopot : Brilliant parody. Very funny. Well executed country arrangement on top of it all.

1 point : @Springywheel : Motors along well. Had my head nodding (I'm too old for head banging). I like the arrangement and the sounds.

Also, enjoyed listening to the entries from Habanero and enjo. I guess the others were just more aligned with the style of music I like.

I really enjoyed entering this one. Great choice from Bezzer. Introduced my to a style I was unfamiliar with. I learned a lot.
    Special thanks to @poopot for adding vocals to my entry.

It's not a competition.
  • enjoenjo Frets: 278
    5 Points: @stratman3142 ;, great cover and teamwork.
    3 Points: @poopot ;, track sounds great then there's the comedy on top.
    1 Point: @Bezzer , better than the original.
    Last day for voting peeps
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Gah, these are never easy. Snap decision:

5 points: @stratman3142 ;
    3 points: @poopot ;
    1 point: @enjo ;

Bezzer has kinda lost out because I actually really like the doomy nature of his Cardiff, but the mood I'm in today the faintly Mission-esque/Stones-y (Wayne Hussey fucks up Paint It Black) feel to Stratman's intro just lifted it a bit.

The others were all nicely executed, but didn't happen to tick my personal box today.
    Voting closed…
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited December 2021
    Snags said:
    Gah, these are never easy. Snap decision:

5 points: @stratman3142 ;;

... but the mood I'm in today the faintly Mission-esque/Stones-y (Wayne Hussey fucks up Paint It Black) feel to Stratman's intro just lifted it a bit....

Thanks for the points and the "compliment" - at least I think it's a "compliment"

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom