Slade's Merry Xmas - and that Bb chord...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I find it funny how complex a lot of Christmas songs are when you compare them to 'the usual' songs in your average cover band's setlist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    hassleham said:
    I find it funny how complex a lot of Christmas songs are when you compare them to 'the usual' songs in your average cover band's setlist.
    Carols are great for practising your harmony. Just try playing the chords to any old carol like O Come All Ye Faithful - it’s a great musical workout
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    viz said:
    hassleham said:
    I find it funny how complex a lot of Christmas songs are when you compare them to 'the usual' songs in your average cover band's setlist.
    Carols are great for practising your harmony. Just try playing the chords to any old carol like O Come All Ye Faithful - it’s a great musical workout
    Or better still, harmonising the melody a la Ted Greene from Chord Chemistry. Brilliant for getting triads and their inversions together!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom