Amazing. Mind blowing.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's magnificent. Wow. 
  • I'll certainly be buying his album,  I buy all of them
  • I'll certainly be buying his album,  I buy all of them
    But can you listen to then a second time?   I bought  The Story of Light a few years ago on the back of a review.  I found it largely unlistenable.  

• vizviz Frets: 10645
    I'll certainly be buying his album,  I buy all of them
    But can you listen to then a second time?   I bought  The Story of Light a few years ago on the back of a review.  I found it largely unlistenable.  
    I listen to it about once a week :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Another new song. Superb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Another new song. Superb

This new one is utterly stunning 
  • Considering his recent output this may actually be worth listening to. The album cover leaves a lot to be desired. The title is also kind of punny, well played sir.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Ithumpingrug said:
    I'll certainly be buying his album,  I buy all of them
    SoL was the last Vai album I bought. I didn't care for the album, nor the one before and I didn't buy the one after. Also didn't like Sound Theories I&II.

I figured that I was done with Vai, but this new album sounds superb so far, I love everything I've heard
  • BowksBowks Frets: 413
    edited January 2022

This piece of music, Teeth Of The Hydra, also sounds superb.
  • Liking the new album! I needed a few listens to "get it". There are not really any obvious bangers like Gravity Storm, but of course Mr Vai's mellifluous mastery is always worth studying. We take him for granted but he's unique and brilliant.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    I've had to put it on the headphones because I played the first song out loud and my wife came out with these gems.

"I don't get it. I don't get how the different parts are all the same song, other than he plays them all one after another... It sounds like a really high production video game soundtrack. You know, like if they spent shit loads of money on Croc?"
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    The new album is challenging in places, but it’s bloody good. Really blooming good in fact.
  • Anyone planning to catch Mr Vai’s summer tour? I have tickets for Manchester. 
    Anyone planning to catch Mr Vai’s summer tour? I have tickets for Manchester. 
    Can’t make the UK dates unfortunately :( - first time in 15 years
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • It will be my first time. Does he always play For the Love of God? 
    Yes I think he has at every one I’ve been to, and it’s always fresh. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Anyone else going to the Glasgow show?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    I'm still thinking about tickets - no-one else wants to go so I'll be Billy Nomates! But I usually go & see him. Always a good show.