Comments

• Haha!

I have to admit, though, dat croc skin...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    I have to say that is probably the very best example of one of the rarest, best and most desirable Selmer models, perhaps *the* best - it's in stunning condition, I've certainly never even seen pics of a better one - and it's possibly the most valuable, other than any celebrity-owned ones.

But £6,000 is still a lot of money for it. I could possibly see it getting close to half that though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    £3k seems reasonable I have to agree, never seen one anywhere near that nick

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1747

That control panel layout seem familiar, must have plugged into one once in my yoof.

Now all I see is switch just waiting for a pint!

Dave.

ecc83 said:

That control panel layout seem familiar, must have plugged into one once in my yoof.

Now all I see is switch just waiting for a pint!

That's one of the main reasons I don't like amps with top control panels.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    The 'legs' are a nice touch.  Very sturdy  :)
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • tzurbytzurby Frets: 0
    Here is another Selmer Thunderbird, though it is a Twin 50. The condition is nearly the same, but it is much cheaper - until now:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171423863370?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
    tzurby said:
    Here is another Selmer Thunderbird, though it is a Twin 50. The condition is nearly the same, but it is much cheaper - until now:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171423863370?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
    It's also got the much less desirable Goodmans speakers and has been a little bit messed around with - although not terribly, it sounds/looks mostly like essential repair work. It will be interesting to see how much it goes for though.

• tzurbytzurby Frets: 0
    There were Celestion Alnico speakers installed before. For sale I re-installed the Goodmans. And I like the sound with these speakers very much. I was amazed how good the amp sounds now, and prefer them, in the Selmer, to the Celestions. - And yes, I am the seller.
  • tzurby said:
    What a cracking looking amp! 

What's it like?  Sorry, I won't be purchasing, I just love gear :)
    tzurby said:
    There were Celestion Alnico speakers installed before. For sale I re-installed the Goodmans. And I like the sound with these speakers very much. I was amazed how good the amp sounds now, and prefer them, in the Selmer, to the Celestions. - And yes, I am the seller.
    I agree the Goodmans sound great, but they aren't anywhere near as valuable as the Celestions. I would also be very careful about driving them hard with a 50W amp, they will probably blow - Goodmans ratings are very optimistic!

I have a Goodmans Audiom in my workshop "hi-fi" cabinet, it sounds great and is extremely sensitive, probably even more than 100dB. I wouldn't risk it at even the rated 15W input though.

Good luck with your sale, it looks like a nice example even with the replacement parts.

I used to do a bit of work for these guys and their collection of vintage Selmers, by the way :).