Cover challenge No 17 - the letter “D”

What's Hot

Comments

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited December 2021
    Aren’t Youtube  a little less lenient with this type of thing? I actually considered deleting the covers on my YT channel due to concerns over copyright strikes. They all have copyright claims currently, which I assume are from the automatic content ID system, but my concern is having label folk putting in takedown requests - 3 of those and your channel is demonetised. But I guess if I used no sounds from the original recordings I can dispute...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Reading that article on ditto you should be fine… but as bezzer said, YouTube will just side with the labels… 
    are they videos of you playing the tunes? Or just the music?
    edited December 2021
    I’ll have a read. In most cases it’s just the music with a static background. I think I’ll leave the ones currently on there, but just upload originals from now on to play safe. Covers can go on Spotify and Soundcloud. 
  • Aren’t Youtube  a little less lenient with this type of thing? I actually considered deleting the covers on my YT channel due to concerns over copyright strikes. They all have copyright claims currently, which I assume are from the automatic content ID system, but my concern is having label folk putting in takedown requests - 3 of those and your channel is demonetised. But I guess if I used no sounds from the original recordings I can dispute...?

Are you expecting to make any money from Youtube? It hadn't crossed my mind as I only use it for personal use (sharing stuff with friends and family) and to post clips on this forum.

It's not a competition.
    edited December 2021
    Not from this particular channel - my only concern is that if it gets taken down, it will affect my other non-music related channel which is associated with the same Adsense account and earns me part of my income (google policy states you’re only allowed one account to your name). i think if it was my only channel I wouldn’t be too bothered. 
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Riiiiiding tooo tha Dangerzone!!!! 
  • It’s been stuck in my head all day
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 583
    Ha! Then my work is done :-D
    Bezzer said:
    Ha! Then my work is done :-D
    Might have a crack at this one after the last DSM vocal is tracked. 
    edited December 2021
    I'll have to get the vocoder out for this one - it's not a creative choice, but rather a protect the Fretboard's ears from my singing voice choice.   edit: the song was originally written by georgo moroder so perhaps a vocoder's justified in this case  

Really looking forward to hearing everyone's take on these, especially Dangerzone 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Bezzer said:
    @rocker doesn’t have to be a guitar cover … my last one wasn’t. And I think Danger Zone on piano and accordion could kick bottom.
    Actually, @Bezzer said my brass part sounded like an accordion on the previous cover challenge ('Beauty Has Her Way'). So if anyone needs any advice on getting inadvertent accordion sounds, I'm your man :)

No pressure intended @Rocker if you don't want to enter. These things don't appeal to everyone. At least I kept my promise, and it helped me pick a song beginning with D.

Thanks @stratman3142. ; I would like to enter but shortage of time is a problem for me.  I am preparing for our family singsongs at Christmas and the New Year and I have musician friends who call every two weeks for a music session.  I am in the process of trying to setup a recording system on my computer.  Realistically it will be several months before I get comfortable recording and mixing.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    Bezzer said:
    @rocker doesn’t have to be a guitar cover … my last one wasn’t. And I think Danger Zone on piano and accordion could kick bottom.
    Actually, @Bezzer said my brass part sounded like an accordion on the previous cover challenge ('Beauty Has Her Way'). So if anyone needs any advice on getting inadvertent accordion sounds, I'm your man :)

No pressure intended @Rocker if you don't want to enter. These things don't appeal to everyone. At least I kept my promise, and it helped me pick a song beginning with D.

Thanks @stratman3142. ; I would like to enter but shortage of time is a problem for me.  I am preparing for our family singsongs at Christmas and the New Year and I have musician friends who call every two weeks for a music session.  I am in the process of trying to setup a recording system on my computer.  Realistically it will be several months before I get comfortable recording and mixing.
    Just do an acoustic version on your phone.

we don’t judge on production it’s judged on interpretation and performance… get your family to join in!…or your muso mates… 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263
    I'm in, but probably not one of the suggested tracks. 
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 251
    edited December 2021
    Snap said:
    I'm in, but probably not one of the suggested tracks. 

Yes I am too, but also not for either of the tracks. I do like both though, especially 'Danger Zone' which is one of my favourite film clips to turn my little surround sound system up to maximum and sit with a silly grin.

• Good afternoon all. Been out of this for a while but I'm going to commit to a return.

Looking forward to destroying a song that I don't like. Better see if I can remember how to work Reaper and brush up on my Spanish
    Good afternoon all. Been out of this for a while but I'm going to commit to a return.

Looking forward to destroying a song that I don't like. Better see if I can remember how to work Reaper and brush up on my Spanish
    AND LIKE A PHOENIX RISING FROM THE ASHES HES BACK!….

get in!!!!!
  • I'm surprised you want to mention The Ashes....

Boom!

That's right, bitches - I'm back!
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 583
    I'm surprised you want to mention The Ashes....

Boom!

Whoop!  Welcome back!!
    I'm surprised you want to mention The Ashes....

Boom!

Welcome back dude!