Cover challenge No 17 - the letter “D”

What's Hot

Comments

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Mine is recorded and partly mixed, but in a holding pattern behind the earlier Composition arrival.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited January 2022
    Been ill since Xmas with bloody covid so haven't had a chance to finish this, but all that's left to do is record a solo and mix the track. 
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    Emailed my one in.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Habanero said:
    Emailed my one in.
    Have it… will upload tomoz!…
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Why did I pick a genre that needs a lot of production tweaks when I've forgotten how to use Reaper? 

Might be closer to the deadline for my submission
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sent mine.

I've called it "Desperado cheat" because I patched it together phrase by phrase, as I worked it out. Now I need to learn to play the whole thing in one go :)

It's not a competition.
    Sent mine.

I've called it "Desperado cheat" because I patched it together phrase by phrase, as I worked it out. Now I need to learn to play the whole thing in one go :)

Got it, Won’t be able to upload till tomorrow pm now… 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    @stratman3142 have to say, well done sir! That’s a really nice arrangement. I bloody despise the original and that’s maintained the feel but made it something I can listen too.

and cut out about 78 minutes which may also help
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited January 2022
    Bezzer said:
    @stratman3142 have to say, well done sir! That’s a really nice arrangement. I bloody despise the original and that’s maintained the feel but made it something I can listen too.

Thanks. I have to stress that I did it section by section as I worked it out. But I suppose I could learned to play it in one pass if I get the time.

@poopot I've added a picture to the track now. I couldn't think what to do, so I ended up drawing it myself. I tried to draw what a Desperado might look like. But, to my eye, it seems to have come out looking a bit like David Gilmour with a beard and hat

It's not a competition.
    I tried to draw what a Desperado might look like. But, to my eye, it seems to have come out looking a bit like David Gilmour with a beard and hat

Love that :)

Thanks. I have to stress that I did it section by section as I worked it out. But I suppose I could learned to play it in one pass if I get the time.

Hey, get it down how you have to get it down, takes nothing away from the arrangement or the performance in my opinion. You’ve done some fab work on that.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Finished the drums on mine, will do the bass and tidy up the guitars over the weekend. 
    I am so far behind!  Aaarrggh ... its going to be a race to the finish again.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Bezzer said:
    You are mixing 12 other albums though! 
    IMC1980 said:
    Bezzer said:
    You are mixing 12 other albums though! 
    You make a valid point! Ha ha.  Still don't like to let the side down though.
    Please remind me never to do modern pop ever again. My zero knowledge of how to get good synth tones plus only having a couple of free plugins means this is going to sound like it was recorded only using a cheap Casio keyboard from 1983.

And I've not even done the vocals yet. Apologies in advance!

Bezzer said:
    No power metal epic this time then?
    edited January 2022
    Sent. Decided to quickly get something down so went to my comfort zone of German Industrial Metal.

Will try to submit my other idea as well