Page 2 of search results - strips leading 'P' character

What's Hot
HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 540
edited December 2021 in Help & Feedback
Just noticed a bug in the search function. I haven't tested exhaustively but it happens for me logged in or out, Chrome or Firefox.
To recreate I do this.
Search for example  'Arbiter'. This gives two pages of results and you can reach the second page by clicking on the '2'.  Now I try searching for 'Precision'.  Multiple pages of results ..click on the '2' and it states no results for 'recision'. It drops the 'P'.  Also fails in the same way searching for 'Playstation' . It wants to look for a 'laystation' which sounds like it should be something interesting. I haven't tested every leading character but it's certainly not happy with a leading P it appears. 'O' and 'Q' search terms either side of 'P' work fine.

edit - thinking about it I suppose 'P' is used to denote the page number of the results in the resulting URL
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    That sounds like a ain in the ass
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, it's a weird-ass bug that I've been trying to track down for about four years. If I figure it out, I'll let you know...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It was issing me off I can tell you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, it's a weird-ass bug that I've been trying to track down for about four years. If I figure it out, I'll let you know...

Thanks. erfect answer.
  • Just to add I tried it on my phone (Android/Chrome) and searches beginning with P work fine on that platform so I guess I have a workaround.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    An easier workaround is to put a space before the p.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    edited December 2021
    Hope he never gets to searching Page 3... the stripping there is serious.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom