Adding an FX loop to a Tiny Terror Combo

CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4499

A mate at work has one and wondered if it's possible to butcher it to incorporate an FX loop.

Any ideas?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1747
    CHRISB50 said:

A mate at work has one and wondered if it's possible to butcher it to incorporate an FX loop.

Any ideas?

Do you have a schematic?

Dave.

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384

I know it's defiantly possible, my local tech fitted an FX Loop to my TT head and it worked great. I don't know the technical of how he did it though.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014

You can add an effects loop to any amp, it's just it's easier on some than others. Your basically just creating an insert between the driver and power stages. With the schematic you can identify a suitable place to create it, then it's a case of modding the PCB with jump wires and send \ return jacks. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4499
    I found a schematic here - http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/schematics/orange/Tiny_Terror.html You can view as a PDF using the link on the page. Although I have no idea how accurate it is.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    The schematic is correct. While you can fit an FX loop to a TT, you can't put it in the proper place for one - after the preamp distortion - because the master volume is a post-phase-inverter type and at that point the signal is split into two separate paths. You can certainly fit a loop earlier in the circuit - immediately after the second part of the gain pot would be best - but it won't give the full benefit of putting the loop effects after the distortion. That might work for what you like, or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4499
    Cheers. I'll pass all this on to my mate and see what he decides to do.

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1747

Well THAT'S about as basic as it gets!

Yes IC, tricky!

Dave.