NGD: Jet JS-300 Strat

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Wow that pink is the one I’d have too. Seriously tempting. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Hello @joetele I hope all is good with you. 

How are you getting on with the JetStrat now the honeymoon period is over? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited January 2022
    blueskunk said:
    Hello @joetele I hope all is good with you. 

How are you getting on with the JetStrat now the honeymoon period is over? 
    Still good! I'd say things are settling on it now - still got the stock strings, which I will change once the new bridge arrives, but it stays in tune and sounds fantastic so I'm happy. Still ridiculous value for money and any issues that may arise can be fixed with solder or new parts 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    Ah that’s good. Mine came with them horrible strings and although it played ok, like most new guitars, it needed a good set up.  

I held on as I managed to snag a set of Alnico5s plus wiring loom, pots and switch which came out of a Fender Player Strat. It made sense to get the set up and electrics done all at once. 

I could have kept it stock but love Alnicos and that old school Fender sound. The stock ceramics are absolutely fine and although I didn’t use them for long, they felt a wee bit P90 ish. With some height adjustment they could have been fine I reckon. 

Luckily I got the pickups/loom for a very good price of £40 delivered. I was offered some mega high end stuff but as I only paid £99 it just didn’t make sense, this time around. 

I got a treble bleed at the same time and when I got it back, I was astonished at how good of a guitar it is. Before plugging in, I played it acoustically and it rang out and really resonant, the neck is really very comfortable which helps. Literally plus itself. 

Thankfully the pickup swap worked out (doesn’t always), really nice Fender cleans in all positions and that tone I hear in my swede when I think Strat. 

The guy who set it up, really did give it a thorough check and had nothing but praise for it, he works on all sorts of guitars too so knows the score. 

I’m not sure what the bridge unit is made of but mine seems fine. I don’t use the trem really but it’s set up to give a slight wobble downwards. 

Can’t see these staying so cheap forever :) 

Count me as a very happy owner , glad it worked out for you too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited January 2022
    blueskunk said:
    Ah that’s good. Mine came with them horrible strings and although it played ok, like most new guitars, it needed a good set up.  

I held on as I managed to snag a set of Alnico5s plus wiring loom, pots and switch which came out of a Fender Player Strat. It made sense to get the set up and electrics done all at once. 

I could have kept it stock but love Alnicos and that old school Fender sound. The stock ceramics are absolutely fine and although I didn’t use them for long, they felt a wee bit P90 ish. With some height adjustment they could have been fine I reckon. 

Luckily I got the pickups/loom for a very good price of £40 delivered. I was offered some mega high end stuff but as I only paid £99 it just didn’t make sense, this time around. 

I got a treble bleed at the same time and when I got it back, I was astonished at how good of a guitar it is. Before plugging in, I played it acoustically and it rang out and really resonant, the neck is really very comfortable which helps. Literally plus itself. 

Thankfully the pickup swap worked out (doesn’t always), really nice Fender cleans in all positions and that tone I hear in my swede when I think Strat. 

The guy who set it up, really did give it a thorough check and had nothing but praise for it, he works on all sorts of guitars too so knows the score. 

I’m not sure what the bridge unit is made of but mine seems fine. I don’t use the trem really but it’s set up to give a slight wobble downwards. 

Can’t see these staying so cheap forever  

Count me as a very happy owner , glad it worked out for you too. 
    Yep, friend who owns the local guitar shop looked it over and was surprised by how good it was. Only issue with my bridge is the saddles aren't great - the thread for the grub screws seems to have worn and, as seen in my pic on the top post, they're at all sorts of angles. I've managed to straighten them but they're prone to moving. It's no biggie though, new trem should hopefully slot in fine and with new strings, it'll be a banger. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    edited January 2022
    Has anyone tired one of the tele’s?
    I’ve a hankering for trying a tele and I’m weighing up my options for best bang for buck as it where under say £400 as I’m not too sure how I’ll get on with a tele 
    grungebob said:
    I’ve a hankering for trying a tele and I’m weighing up my options for best bang for buck as it where under say £400 as I’m not too sure how I’ll get on with a tele 
    I have been trying to buy one but it’s mega far away and the guy won’t post, despite me really bugging him about it lol. JT300 in Blonde with a lovely case for £100!!!!’
  • grungebob said:
    My son has the T400 blackguard a-like and seems pretty keen. I played it for an hour and the neck was lovely , the pickup balance slightly off in that the bridge is pretty hot but that may suit some. The tuners felt a bit weak but overall it felt a better guitar than previous classic vibes I’d had and playability wise up there with some Mexican Fenders 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @joetele Yeah, new trem should fit easily! I checked mine after seeing your post but they are fine. 

Wait till you get some new strings and maybe a set up, mine really benefited from a proper set up and new strings.  Mega resonant, lovely and light. 
    grungebob said:
    My son has the T400 blackguard a-like and seems pretty keen. I played it for an hour and the neck was lovely , the pickup balance slightly off in that the bridge is pretty hot but that may suit some. The tuners felt a bit weak but overall it felt a better guitar than previous classic vibes I’d had and playability wise up there with some Mexican Fenders 
    Before the pickup swap on mine, I noticed the difference in volume at the bridge and thought they would need balancing out. Not hard to do, even I can do that ha. 

I know there is a lot of hype about them at the moment but mine really does live up to the hype. If anyone is local, there are more than welcome to come and have a go. 

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    blueskunk said:
    grungebob said:
    I have been trying to buy one but it’s mega far away and the guy won’t post, despite me really bugging him about it lol. JT300 in Blonde with a lovely case for £100!!!!’
    Where’s he at? If it was near me I’d help you out as I’d expect most others would.
    edited January 2022
    @Deadman He’s in Lanchester which I first thought was typo thinking it was Lancaster or Lancashire but apparently not. 

It’s on Gumtree if anyone else fancies it. Thanks mate. 
    Actually it must have gone! No longer on the Tree of Gum!!!

Was there a few weeks pre Crimbo and up till a few days ago when I last checked. Someone got a bargain. 
    I’m from County Durham originally but live in West Oxfordshire now so would have been no good to me. Cheers though and agreed somebody did well there.

I’m hankering for one, I love a cheap guitar that punches above it’s weight. 
    edited January 2022
    @Deadman Honesty mate, get one, you won’t be disappointed and if for some reason it ain’t for you, you will be able to sell it for sure. 

There is a shop with a beautiful JS300, Daphne Blue/Rosewood Strat which I was gonna buy before I found this one on eBay. Daphne Blue/Rosewood neck would have been my 1st choice but I do like this Seafoam Green/Maple neck I ended up with. 

They had a few in at the time but there stock says one left £149 delivered. If I had to the spare cash, I’d buy it for you, just to prove the point lol. 

As I say, I modded mine within the week but could have easily left it and been happy, especially after it getting the set up. 

Cheers man
  • WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 87
    There are some Jet Guitar tele’s available at GAK (no affiliation just a shop I know stock Jet). They have the JT300 and JT350. 
    Thanks both. I’m on the prowl before they (possibly) shoot up in value as with everything else nowadays that gets a good rep. 
    Deadman said:
    Thanks both. I’m on the prowl before they (possibly) shoot up in value as with everything else nowadays that gets a good rep. 
    I’ll keep my eye out for a bargain, if you want new I’ll search the shop which “did” have one in stock. 
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    has everyone on this forum snapped these up because finding stock for them seems impossible