Brass plate under P bass pup...............

So what gives with the brass plate under the P bass pup,is it important?..........
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If it’s like a Jazz then it’s for earthing/shielding…
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    It is part of the shielding, which is why the EA coil is grounded to one end of it and the black output conductor is grounded to the opposite end.

There are also two compressible foam pads against which the two halves of the pickup are screwed down to set their height adjustment.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited December 2021
    It is part of the shielding, which is why the EA coil is grounded to one end of it and the black output conductor is grounded to the opposite end.

There are also two compressible foam pads against which the two halves of the pickup are screwed down to set their height adjustment.
    Ah yes, the ones Fender sell for £10 for a pack of 2….

Lol..
  • It is part of the shielding, which is why the EA coil is grounded to one end of it and the black output conductor is grounded to the opposite end.

If I was to copper tape the cavity do you think it will be ok for the 2 to meet?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Full copper foil cavity screening negates the need for the brass plate.

Conductor cable lengths permitting, just connect the pickup directly to the controls. 

You will still need the compressible pads (or rubber tubing sections) for height adjustment.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.