SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD Jet Strat/HarleyBenton/Squier

What's Hot
Hello folks. Hope you all ready for festivities. 

My son is currently looking at buying a cheap and cheerful guitar. The above brands seem to stick out. Does anyone have anything similar ?

Anyone close to Manchester with something suitable would be awesome. 

Let me know as cash is ready and waiting. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi Immy, hope you're well mate. Is your lad set on a Strat-type? If not I've got a nice T-type that I put a fair bit of love in to that's gathering dust these days... https://imgur.com/a/sUWTDdi

If not, good luck with the search! Those Jet strats look top. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Good Evening Nath

Good to hear from you. 

All good this end, just enjoying the time off work and keeping warm :) I trust all is good for you? 

He is a Strat guy over Teles but I am sure he would be interested as it looks lovely. Can you tell me more about it? 

Thanks very much
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
    edited December 2021
    Fair enough! A man who knows what he likes! 

I'm not so bad thanks pal, wasn't very well just recently but feeling fighting fit now! 

I've had it up on here before https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/165406/fs-epiphone-sg-junior-1997-made-in-indonesia-140-sold-and-ash-t-style-unbranded-160#latest ;

It's one of those Alan George Chinese imports. Ash body, 3, maybe 4 pieces? Maple neck. It was decent on arrival but I put a low profile Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles on, Wilkinson vintage tuners and had the chaps in PMT crown and level the frets, put a switch craft jack in and replace the nut (it looks like bone to me but couldn't guarantee it). Pickups are what it came with, sound like a bang average set of Tele pickups tbh, nothing to write home about but the bridge position does kerrang and/or twang as is your want. 

Shoot me a PM if you fancy it, can move a bit on the price I listed it for way back, especially if it's for a youngster at Christmas time ;-).
  • I have just bought a couple of the Jet JS-400's and they're actually astounding for the money 
    SIME1963 said:
    I have just bought a couple of the Jet JS-400's and they're actually astounding for the money 
    I think that’s what my son really wants but the JS300. What’s the difference with the JS400?

Oh the Humbucker in the bridge looks good on the JS400. 
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    I've got a really good Harley Benton Tele with twin humbuckers, stainless steel frets, locking tuners, etc

If of interest, I can post or PM full details?  Selling as I no longer play 6 string guitars.  The necessary setup work was done to fettle it properly, but great basic spec!
  • Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
    edited December 2021
    I have my Ibanez S521 in blackberry burst that is looking for a good home.

It's just been to my local tech as I was looking to get it re-fretted, but in his opinion there's plenty of meat left on the frets, and it was more to do with me than the way the guitar is. In his opinion even a recrown is not going to affect much.

It has GFS active pickups with alnico magnets, on a 3 way switch. Everything else is stock. It has a mahogony body and rosewood fingerboard, not the modern woods. It's a right handed hard tail. Let me know if you are interested. They go for about £250 tops on the evil bay so I am looking for something around there.

(Will happily trade for a Schecter in a similar format. )
  • blueskunk said:
    SIME1963 said:
    I have just bought a couple of the Jet JS-400's and they're actually astounding for the money 
    I think that’s what my son really wants but the JS300. What’s the difference with the JS400?

JS-400 is the H/S/S model the 300 is the standard single coil 
    both great 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3031
    The thing I really like about the 400 is that they’ve moved the jack onto the rim of the guitar and stuck a two post trem on it for that Suhr vibe
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DrBob said:
    The thing I really like about the 400 is that they’ve moved the jack onto the rim of the guitar and stuck a two post trem on it for that Suhr vibe
    Yeah I noticed that. The more I look at them, forget my lad, I’m gonna buy one myself.  

He’s looking second hand at the moment but if not he might just buy new. 
    I have my Ibanez S521 in blackberry burst that is looking for a good home.

It's just been to my local tech as I was looking to get it re-fretted, but in his opinion there's plenty of meat left on the frets, and it was more to do with me than the way the guitar is. In his opinion even a recrown is not going to affect much.

It has GFS active pickups with alnico magnets, on a 3 way switch. Everything else is stock. It has a mahogony body and rosewood fingerboard, not the modern woods. It's a right handed hard tail. Let me know if you are interested. They go for about £250 tops on the evil bay so I am looking for something around there.

(Will happily trade for a Schecter in a similar format. )
    Many thanks but at moment holding out for something Stratty
    edited December 2021
    richh said:
    I've got a really good Harley Benton Tele with twin humbuckers, stainless steel frets, locking tuners, etc

If of interest, I can post or PM full details?  Selling as I no longer play 6 string guitars.  The necessary setup work was done to fettle it properly, but great basic spec!
    Many thanks but he wants to hold out for a Strat or traditional single coil Tele

Merry Christmas 
    Fair enough! A man who knows what he likes! 

I'm not so bad thanks pal, wasn't very well just recently but feeling fighting fit now! 

I've had it up on here before https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/165406/fs-epiphone-sg-junior-1997-made-in-indonesia-140-sold-and-ash-t-style-unbranded-160#latest ;

It's one of those Alan George Chinese imports. Ash body, 3, maybe 4 pieces? Maple neck. It was decent on arrival but I put a low profile Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles on, Wilkinson vintage tuners and had the chaps in PMT crown and level the frets, put a switch craft jack in and replace the nut (it looks like bone to me but couldn't guarantee it). Pickups are what it came with, sound like a bang average set of Tele pickups tbh, nothing to write home about but the bridge position does kerrang and/or twang as is your want. 

Shoot me a PM if you fancy it, can move a bit on the price I listed it for way back, especially if it's for a youngster at Christmas time ;-).
    I have tried to convince him this is the one but …. I think he will end up buying a Strat. I may be in touch myself though as I love the look of the Tele. Merry Christmas man
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 318
    I’ve got a mostly-Harley Benton traditional Tele with Iron Gears and CTS pots in another thread if interested?