SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Xmas bonus Guitar £600 to spend

What's Hot
Just got a wee bonus which was not expected at all so have a spare chunk of cash kicking about, now I COULD do the right thing and just stick it aside or I could also splash out and buy myself something with it. Seeing as it was unexpected I figure I can spend it. 

Already sorted on Les Paul, Eastman t486 and a prs eg. Reverends seem to be interesting me and also SG but open minded enough

have at it 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How about a cool yamaha silent guitar?
  • greejngreejn Frets: 133
    G&L USA Asat?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    greejn said:
    G&L USA Asat?
    Lovely guitars. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1632
    Get a Rev. Brilliant guitars for around that figure used and a tad more new. I've got a few. They quite moreish 

• There is also a lovely sg junior in the classifieds for a tad more; I’ve no affiliation, but that’s where my cash would be going if I was in your shoes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    edited December 2021
    Cheers @Teyeplayer ;;
    yeah I spotted @mattnovak selling one and it is very nice but out of budget 
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    edited December 2021
    Got a Auden Era Gordon Smith GS1 finished in Trans Black over white grain-fill.

Mahogany neck and full thickness 44mm body - profile similar to a Gibson 60s shape

Finished in a Gloss Black trans stain over a white grain fill.

Upgraded Gotoh Tuners - stock ones were rubbish.

TOM Bridge and tailpiece - think these are tonepros from what I can remember

2x Pickguards - Black and Tort

Gordon Smith Premium Hardcase

I’d be willing to let this go for £600 - current custom specification price ranges on the Gordon Smith website are around £1400

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AsomodaiAsomodai Frets: 105
    danban said:
    Got a Auden Era Gordon Smith GS1 finished in Trans Black over white grain-fill.

Mahogany neck and full thickness 44mm body - profile similar to a Gibson 60s shape

Finished in a Gloss Black trans stain over a white grain fill.

Upgraded Gotoh Tuners - stock ones were rubbish.

TOM Bridge and tailpiece - think these are tonepros from what I can remember

2x Pickguards - Black and Tort

Gordon Smith Premium Hardcase

Looking for £600 - current custom specification price ranges on the Gordon Smith website are around £1400

Now that's a freakin guitar for the money right there.
    Ibanez RG550 Genesis

Musicman Stingray USA

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    That is lovely 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Some really nice options both in here and via dm 
    no rush we can’t get owt delivered till after Xmas so at least I have time to think 
  • AsomodaiAsomodai Frets: 105
    Some really nice options both in here and via dm 
    no rush we can’t get owt delivered till after Xmas so at least I have time to think 

I definitely don't have any hat in this ring and you should certainly not think I am trying to tell you what to do. But you should really buy that Gordon Smith :D 
    Ibanez RG550 Genesis

Musicman Stingray USA

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2272
    I have a PRS SE HB II and an Epi P93 Riviera in my unused pile of shame if either were of interest?
  • Shergold SM02. I have the one sent to Guitarist Mag, so far from a lemon. this very guitar. They're £799 and I paid about £70 extra for the Shergold Gigbag. £500 if you're interested. Was a backup to my Suhr/DGT combo before I bought a second Suhr. Plays great, sensitive volume and tone controls, stays in tune, clear and fat. A really great guitar.
  • I'd second the recco on a Cort G300 pro ... incredibly well made and fab to play. If someone gifted me 600 notes I'd buy one today ... there's an eBay dealer near Brum who flogs'em for £599 ... I don't believe there's a better value guitar around at the moment.

I couldn't afford that much so settled for a pre-loved G290 FAT ... which I absolutely love and it's more than enough guitar for me ... the 300 just lights the candle on the cake!

Good luck with your quest.

Stu
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    prudd said:
    Just talking to mate, he would let it go for £425 if you arrange collection and delivery.

Bargaintastic if you ask me, I would have it if I wasn't up to my neck in guitars :)
  • Forgot about this, still not bought owt 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5023
    94 SG Special, as mentioned in your November thread?