SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ON HOLD Ibanez REDUCED to S521 £100; Ibanez RGAT62 GONE

Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Some of you have read about this S521 guitar. It's a standard S-series Ibanez, with 2 humbuckers, hard tail, rosewood fretboard and mahogany body. Everything is stock except for the GFS pickups and pots. Edited to add: On closer inspection one pick up surround screw is missing.

I was planning on getting it refretted but after a chat with my local tech, in his opinion there is plenty of meat left on the frets and the playability has more to do with me (small hands short stature) than the way the guitar is.

So here we go, my Berry is looking for a new home. Asking for £220, and that includes the GFS active pick ups and the original Ibanez own brand hex-pole humbuckers, plus a Tusq nut that I tried on it briefly.

Secondly, my "Big Blue", a RGAT62 in sapphire blue flat, £485. Comes with stock DiMarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone pickups. I did swap out the neck pickup but the original one has been put back. It does have 2 dings near the borearm contour, and a paint chip in the bridge pickup routing. It has no other blemishes.

As I bought it new, the hang tags and hex keys and freebie lead are all included. It will come in its own original guitar box as well, but not the hard case. This guitar has a through neck design, with meranti wings, maple/ walnut neck with jatoba fretboard. This was going to be "The One" but unfortunately, close but no cigar for this guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments