Revalver 4

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
So anyone played with Revalver 4 yet?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nah not yet. Seems ok from videos though! Have you?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Not yet, lol, so nothing new to add from me! The Gear Page don't like it though, so it must be good!
  • Lol. Someone posted a comparison with X50 on the Sneap board.
  • Yes I tried it. Has a really annoying thing where you have to make a USB device a dongle that your account is tied to. You can use any USB device - such as your audio interface or a thumbstick. But what isn't clear is what happens if you lose/break that device - as any items you purchase are linked to it.

There are some nice features to the actual amps/effects. I like the input and output mixers - with tuner, compressor, eq, pickup strength etc so you don't have to do these via amp/effect models. The IR loader is good - as is the ability to load any other VST.

Soundwise I wasn't really blown away - certainly there was nothing about it that made me think of ditching Guitar Rig 5 or Amplitube. 

And it still has an annoying feature that it shares with Amplitube that the stompbox effects can only be placed in front of an amp, while the post-amp effects are quite limited in range. The result is that quite a few of the great stompbox models are no use if you are using a high gain amp model. 

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    .....I might be misunderstanding your point about the position options of stompboxes, but in MIII.V, you can drag anything anywhere can't you. Is this now not an option in M.V. or have I just completely grasped the wrong end of the stick :-)
  • Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I can't find a way to put stomps after an amp.

Hmmm, this could all be a case of my memory going mad. I'm sure I could drag an OD to the end of the chain. My laptop's broken at the moment so can't check.

Just out of interest, I used to add amps, then stomp boxes which I dragged around to suit my needs and then added reverb etc between pre and power. If I wanted to drag an OD to the same place, I thought I could. Hmmm, one to ponder when I get my laptop back :-)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    My god. Have they actually released it, then?
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes. With a seemingly £3.47 PR budget that got blown weeks ago. :))
  • Nice. Thanks for the heads up. Just in time for bank hols!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    Have to see if they do an AU version as it's a pita wrapping a VST in Logic
    Downloaded. I'll play with it at lunch time...
    <space for hire>
    Quite honestly... this is sounding terrible here. Absolutely nowhere near the level of quality you get from the Axe FX or Kemper, or even Amplitube's later models like the Jet City's and the Soldano!

Uninstalled.
  • I agree. I've got the old HP version of Revalver and I think that sounds better.

Amplitube's Soldanos and Guitar Rig definitely sound better.

I quite like the 3120 model - it doesn't sound as good as Amplitube's Jet City/Soldano models, but they are pretty good. It's also (obviously) not a patch on my Eleven Rack, but I don't think it's terrible...although it's a bit shit of them not to include a delay in the free pack.
    <space for hire>
    Are you guys using this as an upgrade or new install?

Just asking since delays etc were there in the previous versions I think
    I've never used it before, so I've got the free pack off their website (you then buy effect and amp models from there).
    <space for hire>
    I quite like the 3120 model - it doesn't sound as good as Amplitube's Jet City/Soldano models, but they are pretty good. It's also (obviously) not a patch on my Eleven Rack, but I don't think it's terrible...although it's a bit shit of them not to include a delay in the free pack.
    I'm massively underwhelmed by their D-Moll model. Was the only reason I was interested!! Sounds utterly guff.
    Drew_fx said:
    I'm massively underwhelmed by their D-Moll model. Was the only reason I was interested!! Sounds utterly guff.
    Yeah, that one's utterly pants. Shockingly so, in fact.
    <space for hire>
    Nothing like the real thing!