Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12323
    I was left thinking do we need two series both featuring mandalorian style bounty hunters.  The other thing is with the emperor coming back and darth maul being alive and rumours of mace windu popping up somewhere that it seems pretty hard to die in star wars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    munckee said:
    I was left thinking do we need two series both featuring mandalorian style bounty hunters.  The other thing is with the emperor coming back and darth maul being alive and rumours of mace windu popping up somewhere that it seems pretty hard to die in star wars.
    we knew that already with Obi-Wan and Yoda though ....
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5442
    edited January 2022
    Second episode was really good I thought.

Boba never really having had a family (that we know of), finds one in the Sand People. 

Oh, and SPEEDER BIKES!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2321
    munckee said:
    I get it, but I also think some of the 'deaths' were not as final as they could have made them.

Windu, for example, gets blasted out of a window. I doubt it would kill him. He's too badass.

The Darth Maul inclusion in Solo and more so the the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series' makes him a very interesting and quite 'mad' character. The final few series of the Clone Wars are absolutely fantastic. I for one think Darth Maul is one the most interesting characters they have included in Star Wars so I'm glad he was given more time. Chopped in half? Nah....fine....don't worry hahahah.

• munckee said:
    I deal with these things---and bear with me here---by just ignoring the films/series that I think are bollocks.

So in my universe Darth Maul didn't die in The Phantom Menace because that film didn't happen. If Mace Windu appears in Boba Fett, then he'll be a new character I haven't seen before because III didn't happen. The Emperor died in episode VI and whatever retconning occurred in IX didn't happen because IX didn't happen either. 

I'm only partly joking by the way. Completely ignoring the bits of Star Wars that I thought were shit has genuinely allowed me to get a bit of the wonder and joy back in the bits that I like. 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2321
    I watched Ep 2 on my lunch (the joy of work wifi and modern smartphones huh!).

Thoroughly impressed. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it is longer and much more interesting than Ep1. It is like Ep1 was a teaser and Ep 2 starts to flesh things out.

Some fantastic links to more unknown characters. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766
    Good episode, Was like watching Dan visit Johnny Kinkade!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just finished episode 2. Best slice of Star Wars I've seen in some time. If they maintain this standard they've got a winner.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve only just twigged it’s Matt Berry’s voice of the droid in Jaba’s/Boba’s palace. 
    Just watching the new Toast episodes, and his character in that keeps saying he’s in the new Star Wars film and everyone laughs at him. Very clever.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1298
    Episode 2 really was good!  

I have really enjoyed the parts with the Tusken raiders, and "the twins" are quite fascinating.
  • Episode 2 was awesome. Really enjoying the stuff with the Tusken Raiders
  • I think digging deeper into the tribal nature of the Tusken Raiders was a very smart move by the writers. The kid who lost his Dad in the prequels looked like he'd found his way home.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290

Yes the monster in Ep1shades of Ray Harryhausen. The plot in Ep2 went a bit Man Called Horse. 
    Good looking bit of film but seems a bit light on plot. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • "I thought he was part of the dream" classic
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4973
    edited January 2022
    Pretty sure there's one of the band in the bar scene playing a Teuffel?

Oh yeah, and also, brilliant episode. Very, very Star Wars. Bloody loved it!! :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3518
    Pretty sure there's one of the band in the bar scene playing a Teuffel?

Oh yeah, and also, brilliant episode. Very, very Star Wars. Bloody loved it!! :D
    Gittler
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    There's an interesting Boba Fett background story on Disney Plus called 'Under The Helmet'.

Yes, seriously.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10264
    There's an interesting Boba Fett background story on Disney Plus called 'Under The Helmet'.

Yes, seriously.

Yeah, watched that. 

Thought it was a bit cheesy. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766

Yes, seriously.

Yeah, watched that. 

Thought it was a bit cheesy. 

I thought it was a good overview of how the Boba Fett character was developed into the Star Wars stories. No cheese.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • euaneuan Frets: 1467
    Probably not going to be a controversial opinion, but they really dropped the ball in that episode.