Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• BorkBork Frets: 255
    edited January 2022
    A good chunk of that episode was setting up for a dramatic showdown on the battlefield at some point, involving a rancor.  I bet at some point it rears up on it's hind legs, silhouetted against the setting sun(s).

[This space for rent]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2371
    Can't say I'm enjoying the Robert Rodriguez episodes much. His episode of Mando looked like a fan film at times, but the reintroduction of Boba was enough to save it. But the shaky pacing and editing in this episode and the first episode just make it feel flat - how do you edit a space fantasy street chase to feel slow? Apparently he's directing one more episode but the others are down to other directors, so fingers crossed next week's is better.

I'm going to be properly gutted if that's the last we see of Black Krrsantan, I was so excited to see him appear and if he's gone again it feels a bit wasted.

Still, pacing aside, the number of clichés they chucked at the chase scene was pretty funny. Fruit cart, boxes, bike going up a ramp, slow obstacles looking panicked at intersections, even hitting a painting (featuring tweaked Ralph McQuarrie art!)
    Tim
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I sat through it, but have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. I've been anticipating some interplanetary travel at least, but it seems like it might as well be set in the Queen Vic.

I laughed when I saw the "Quadrophenia' flying scooters the new bunch of youngsters were riding, complete with myriads of mirrors. Shockingly lazy that, they need to come up with something a bit more novel than a '60's-style scooter, this is supposed to be Star Wars after all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I sat through it, but have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. I've been anticipating some interplanetary travel at least, but it seems like it might as well be set in the Queen Vic.

I laughed when I saw the "Quadrophenia' flying scooters the new bunch of youngsters were riding, complete with myriads of mirrors. Shockingly lazy that, they need to come up with something a bit more novel than a '60's-style scooter, this is supposed to be Star Wars after all.

Well it is set “A long time ago , in a galaxy far,far away”… ;)
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2371

Yeah they felt out of place. I guess the train of thinking is they're "mods" - quite literally, with all the droid parts, so they just leaned into it.
    Tim
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 501
    Back to the future 2 anyone?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    You mean.......Shepherd's Bush?

• EmielEmiel Frets: 214
    Not to mention the '60s style Cadillac car the mods were chasing...

It amazes me that you can the series without audio and still totally understand the story. It sure is amusing and comforting but the plot really is thin as a rail.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    We'll see Black Krrsantan again. The Hutts disowned him and Boba set him free, so expect to see him back on team Fett along with the scooter kids as Boba builds his gang of misfits to take on the mayor/Hutts later in the series finale.
  • danodano Frets: 1588

I noticed last week in episode 2 that the guys in the cantena he was fighting were basically a biker gang, right down to their jackets, leathers and bikes outside . definitely a mods and rockers thing there.

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited January 2022
    This is sounding worse than the mando! 

I wish they'd make something a bit more grown up for the original SW fans.
    Especially when there's so much awesome telly atm. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3524
    There's an interesting Boba Fett background story on Disney Plus called 'Under The Helmet'.

Yes, seriously.

Yeah, watched that. 

Thought it was a bit cheesy. 

Yep. A cheesy helmet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6987
    Mrs Cols is massively pissed off at Boba Fett taking his helmet off ALL THE FUCKING TIME, instantly making him 95% less cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Danny Trejo though….not sure who was more wrinkled and scary him or the Rancor .
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 918
    edited January 2022
    Yeah, bit ridiculous that episode, but I am looking forward to Boba riding the rancor into a field of Pykes and fucking shit up in the not-too-distant future. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I enjoyed the latest episode.  All the cliches and references were quite fun.

It was obviously setting stuff up for later on with the rancor and some other bits.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1299
    edited January 2022
    Such a silly episode!  Ooooh he has such a soft side with creatures and street urchins doesn't he?  

They have tried really hard to develop the character in the way that baby Yoda developed The Mandolorian, but it comes across as forced and false.  He's also not a good enough actor to pull it off.

Why didn't the Wookie just shoot him in the tank?  Hard part must have been getting that far undetected?

The chase sequence with the scooter gang at a breakneck 25mph was hilarious.

Overall, wtf are they trying to make here?
  • Just watched e3 and yeah, not great. I was invested in the whole Fett and the Tusken Raiders bit than anything else. If the Fett's greed for money/power had resurfaced and he'd left the Tuskens in the lurch it'd have been far more interesting to me.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited January 2022
    As per above comments episode 3 was meh. The street gang thing especially so. 
    Desperately lacking sympathetic characters, who could give a toss if Boba got finished off. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Yep, Ep 3 meh, corny, & derivative ...
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback